11. The Not So Super Hero by Twoony

*Completed*

Summary:

Zane Levitt hated troublesome things and by troublesome he meant anything and everything that required anything more than average mental or physical effort. Living a mediocre life at his mediocre job in his mediocre apartment was, to him, perfection. There was nothing better than going to a job that required little effort than going home to play video games, having no real friends or even colleagues to spend his days with. He preferred it that way, less of a hassle, simple and easy.

However, Zane's ideal life was suddenly thrown upside down when Bailey Schaefer made an appearance. Working as a custodian at Ringgold University, NY, meant that Zane met his fair share of 'peculiar' students by Bailey...he was one of a kind, that was putting it mildly. 'Bad Luck Bailey' was the name given to Bailey since childhood and, after managing to successfully witness more than a handful of incidents Bailey found himself in, Zane understood why. The boy was a walking catastrophe, an accident waiting to happen and so Zane did his best to simply witness the hilarity of Bailey's misfortunes. Sadly, things did not go his way and soon Bailey's life entangled itself with Zane's and his once mediocre life was not so mediocre anymore.

***

Thoughts:

Okay. Twoony can do anything. I read her other book, Speak the Truth (which is now no longer on Wattpad, but on Tapas), and absolutely loved it. Her biggest strength is character development. All of her characters have quirky flaws and annoying tendencies that just make them all the more lovable. The progression of her characters is entertaining and fascinating to see. Twoony has also grown as a writer since her last book as well.

This author also writes slow-burn romances which are just the sweetest things to read, I swear. I'm all about a one-night stand turns into budding romance book, but reading a first meeting, a first date, a first kiss, a first time with spaces in between is so satisfying. Keep in mind, Twoony knows how to write some sexual tension though! 

Since this book has superheroes, there's obviously going to be some action sequences and violence. AND MAN CAN SHE KEEP ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT. The world in this story is so interesting and complex. It's very different from any superhero story you will find on shelves in Barnes and Noble and Wattpad itself. The creativity of this story is so captivating. 

I can't wait to see where this story ends up. Zane and Bailey are one of my favorite couples. They are complete opposites in every way possible. (Twoony is great at writing opposites attract novels)

***

Fancast:

Zane: Burgess Abernethy (aka Zane from H2O) Is there a name correlation? Absolutely.

Bailey: Dylan Sprouse