Chapter One

I find it extremely amusing that the first five cast members are also the only ones that appear before the "show rest of cast" link in the story. Of course, that all composes Oliver and his Lian Yu team. Just thought it was amusing.

Also, when I was looking at the episodes on the Arrowverse Wiki, it looked like "Finish Line," the season finale of The Flash, actually takes place after "Missing" and "Lian Yu." Because this is fanfiction, that episode, and the season finale of Legends of Tomorrow, happened before the events of "Missing" and "Lian Yu," as did "Nevertheless, She Persisted," the Supergirl season finale.

So, without further ado, the first official chapter, which takes place during "Missing," and slight spoilers for "Finish Line" of The Flash.

***

Now

Oliver hated when his birthdays ended up going down the drain.

First Rene and Dinah had been kidnapped, and then over the course of a few days, Curtis, Thea, Quentin, John, and Felicity had been taken as well. And just a few hours ago, Oliver had received a video message that showed his son, William, had been abducted.

All because of one Adrian Chase.

Enough was enough. Chase had gone too far, and now Oliver was going to hold nothing back in rescuing his friends and his family. And if Thea's father was going to help, if just to get her back . . . well, Oliver was going to take that help and run with it. "Chase's helicopter flew to an abandoned airfield in Dawn Valley, Utah," he told Malcolm, looking down at the monitor running. "Then, five minutes later, this aircraft took off from the same field at a vector of 2-7-0, due west."

"That would take him back to Star City," Malcolm frowned. "Chase seems smarter than that."

"I'm trying to track this plane, but it's not easy without Felicity," Oliver nodded.

"The night before the Undertaking, some of my associates, especially those who were on the wrong end of your bow, thought that the Hood had computer skills," Malcolm pointed out.

"I had good hardware and a specific purpose," Oliver shook his head. "Chase turned off the transponder on the plane. Luckily, Felicity has access to a keyhole satellite that can track the heat signature of any aircraft in the world."

"Impressive," Malcolm admitted.

"Have to get lucky," Oliver muttered, impatiently tapping his fingers on the desk.

His attention was taken away when another computer started to beep. Malcolm looked at it with a frown, then turned back to Oliver. "Are you expecting someone?"

"Yes, I am," Oliver confirmed. "Because Chase is working with at least Black Siren, Evelyn Sharp, Talia al Ghul, and whatever army she's currently controlling."

"So you called in reinforcements," Malcolm chuckled. "If I wasn't such a confident individual, my ego might be bruised."

Oliver braced himself. "Malcolm, your ego is what I'm gonna need you to keep in check."

The smug smirk vanished from Malcolm's face. "Why?" he demanded. "Who did you reach out to?"

The elevator doors opening answered his question for him, and Oliver turned to face the woman that walked out, her quiver of arrows swung over her shoulder, sword at her hip, bow in her hand. "Husband," Nyssa greeted. Oliver nodded in acknowledgment, and Nyssa's dark gaze found the suddenly stiff form of the Dark Archer. "Mr. Merlyn," she curled her lip. "I assume you still have no title."

"No," Malcolm told Oliver bluntly.

"Malcolm," Oliver sighed, turning to him.

"I will not work with her," he shook his head.