Chapter Ten

The aftermath of "Lian Yu," and Kara returns to her Earth.

Enjoy the last chapter before the epilogue!

***

The echo reverberated back to where the team was fleeing.

Felicity immediately gasped, skidding to a stop. "Please tell me that wasn't what I thought it was!"

"Gunshot," John swallowed nervously. "That's exactly what it was."

"Oliver didn't bring a gun with him," Nyssa said uneasily.

"Kara doesn't need a gun," Thea shook her head, looking sick as well.

"Chase had one?" Quentin asked incredulously.

Slade had his head tilted to the side, and he frowned. "If the island was exploding, we would hear it from where we are," he told them.

"So no exploding island?" Felicity looked around. "No dead Adrian Chase?"

Malcolm opened his mouth to say something when Slade suddenly held up his hand. "What?" he immediately reached for an arrow, Nyssa for her sword.

A moment later, there was a howl, and a black blur smashed just past Black Siren. "What the hell?" she scooted back.

A moment later, Kara landed on the ground and stormed up to the quivering form of Chase on the ground. "That was for what you did to Oliver," she spat, kicking Chase. He flew a good few yards before he hit the ground again, crying out in pain. She fired her heat vision into his unburned leg, making him yell. "That is for taking his friends," she continued, prowling towards him, Thea's jaw hanging open as she watched, even Slade stunned speechless as Supergirl went on a rampage. "That – " She stomped on one of his hands, and the cracking of bones filled the air, making Samantha gag and turn away. "Is for taking his family." She leaned down in close to Chase's face. "And this is for William."

She slugged him hard, knocking him out. A stunned silence hovered over the group, only broken by Kara's ragged breaths. A moment later, she stood up, taking a deep breath, closing her eyes. "Oliver is bringing Chase's boat around," she finally said. "William's with him."

"We heard the gunshot," Slade told her. "Is everyone all right, little one?"

Kara opened her eyes. "Fine," she nodded. "No one was hurt." She looked down at the unconscious pile in front of her and curled her lip. "Except him."

"What happened?" Black Siren frowned.

+++

Chase lifted the gun to his temple.

Kara left his side in a blur of blue and red.

The crack of a gunshot rang out a split second later.

Oliver gasped and pulled William closer as Kara grabbed Chase's wrist and swerved his arm, sending the shot wide. In the next second, she snapped his wrist, making Chase cry out in pain. "Kara!" Oliver shouted. She looked up at him, and Oliver pointed to the island. "Get him away from here, knock him out," he ordered. "But don't kill him!"

Kara curled her lip and nodded curtly, grabbing Chase in a choke hold and flying off, Oliver hurrying to grab the wheel and direct it back towards the island, William sliding to sit on the floor of the boat in shock.

+++

"Gotta love super speed," Kara chuckled darkly. "Got me to the boat before Chase, helped me make sure he didn't kill himself." She tilted her head. "Not that it's not tempting. And usually, I have a no kill policy," she added. "Not a word, Malcolm."