❝ FIFTH ❞

☜♡☞
SOME SORT OF QUESTION.
People don't need a reason to do everything in their lives. Do it because you want to. Because it's fun. Because it makes you happy.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was that time of the year again. The time of the year when everything changes, everything either goes flawlessly perfect, or inexplicably wrong. The time of year when trainees left, either by demand or for their own good; when trainees joined, blissfully idle about how cruelly the entertainment industry works, thinking they'd get out of the facility by a year and go on to sing soulless, transparent songs about partying the night away or falling in love with a perfect member of the opposite sex. Without a doubt.

Jinsu had been here the longest. He came from the golden state California - more specifically, a penthouse apartment in Los Angeles, the USA's grossly overrated city. Not many people will forget the day he arrived with two suitcases and a mop of glossy bleached hair, after sending in an awfully embarrassing audition video of him singing The Star-Spangled Banner. He looked far too beautiful for anyone to comprehend, causing those who were particularly jealous to resort to calling him a fag. As if taking care of your appearance was only a homosexual thing.

Taejin joined the division shortly after, in the month of December. He had arrived during a snowstorm, and made his first encounter with Jinsu accompanied by wet hair and a mild case of frostbite. The two of them began talking when Jinsu was appointed to soak Taejin's fingers in hot water for a half hour. They spoke in English - which later came handy when slagging off those who called them various unnecassary slurs. They didn't see each other again for a week, after the thawing process of Taejin's fingers eventually started hurting and Jinsu couldn't find the aspirin fast enough ("I blacked out. Jinsu's gonna say I didn't black out, but I did. I'm not making this up.").

Kyungsoo was the next trainee to arrive, during the time Taejin was "recovering" from his frostbite and alledged blackout. By then, the snowstorm had stopped, and Kyungsoo sauntered in with so much as a pair of wet boots. He was quiet, and possessed the kind of confidence that seeped out of his words and off the tip of his tongue. Confident, but not loud. He didn't need reassurance. He was the kind of guy who you found yourself staring at as he walked into the room. Noticeable, but for all the wrong reasons.

Juyong joined halfway through 2014, with a smile and a sweater that said Good Vibes. Some people disliked him because they knew he was a very positive person, and it reminded them of how pessimistic and close-minded they were. He was immediately put under a strict diet because of his tendency to eat when excited or nervous, which was almost always. He got into trouble once or twice, for sneaking cookie dough into his dorm room, and gathering a reputation as someone who will buy you a Subway if you payed him 200₩. He ended up being liked, for the most part.

Zhoixei joined the year after, with annoyingly white teeth and an array of affectionate words to use in every other sentence. He first met Juyong after walking past him in the hallway and murmuring a casual, "Hey babe," that didn't require any further explanation. He gathered a reputation as a total sweetheart and gentleman — which was one of the biggest lies anyone could choose to believe. He was always either fast asleep or causing mischief (or making everyone feel personally attacked and calling it banter).

Jimin joined the year after, in 2016. He was like a colder, quieter version of Zhoixei. He was known for his I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude and high voice, that turned every harmonisation into a hearing of the angels. Oh, and it became an unwritten rule that when alone in a room with him, do not let him take aesthetic candid Polaroids of you. It will lure you into a false sense of security, wherein you'll get roasted so hard you'll start to wonder why you even bother to talk to people anymore. He didn't have much friends because of this.

Lyosha was the last trainee to join, straight from the Venice of the North, Russia's Saint Petersburg. He spoke with a foreign twang that dripped with sugar and spice, subsequently stealing everything and everyone's hearts. He started talking to Jimin after selling him a bottle of authentic Russian vodka, and sort of adopted him as his best friend. Together they'd ride the subway at night and eat burritos with the foil on and teach each other dance techniques until they were flawless. They worked so well together, and they knew it would stay that way, for a long time.

One thing to know is that out of all the things that were broken and changed that year, their friendship was not one of them.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
NOTE:
So this update was fast, but idc I was bored and here you go children

Honestly the Taejin and Jinsu backstory is like my favourite thing I made it up in like 4 seconds

I hope you enjoy?? Lmao this is short but it's like an introduction to everyone

IVYTAE slutdae holykris amodeous -hyunjin bubblegumsuga

— AMY.