❝ SIXTH ❞

☜♡☞
JUST THE BEGINNING.
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[ JANUARY 10, 2017
2:29PM, KST ]

Overall, there were twenty-seven trainees at JYP. Thirteen of which were girls, the remaining fourteen boys. Those fourteen gathered in the dance studio, one fine day in the middle of January, all situated in a perfect line. They had been told what to do the evening prior, and were given a long talk about how "just because you don't get chosen, doesn't mean you're not talented", which most people disregarded. Those who didn't, had a hunch they'd leave unhappily anyway.

Of course, Park Jinyoung himself to take time off his busy schedule to announce seven names was utterly unrealistic and therefore, it required a JYP representative to do the job. Whoever they were, they were awfully late.

Up until now.

You could say she sauntered in. Indefinitely authoritative, with a carefully laminated sheet in her hand, with many lines of Hangul on them. Aspire to be this extra. Everyone got back to their place in line, standing to attention (they had moved significantly upon the understanding that the representative was late). The representative must have felt some kind of jurisdiction she had never felt before, for most trainees recognised her as the woman who appears at interviews when Park Jinyoung is so otherwise engaged that he cannot make a statement. She was slightly disrespected thusly up until this moment.

When the silence began, representative lady spoke. Her name was Park Sihyun, but she didn't introduce herself. "We're all gathered here today for one reason — to find out which individuals will debut as JYP's newest boy group, The Sixth Idea."

Sihyun's voice went on for some time: Lyosha, with his hands behind his back, leaned sideways to whisper to Jimin. "Three thousand won says there are six members."

"Deal. I know there's more," he replied, sealing the bet with a high-five.

"And for the remaining trainees that are not chosen for debut..." Her voice lingered at the last note. Ominously. "You can either continue training at JYP, or leave the company."

There was silence, again. Instead of being exciting and nervous; it was non-moving. They all thought about being left to choose the latter. Sihyun continued talking, recognising the miserable note and ultimately ignoring it.

She raised the paper to her gaze, and they tensed. "I will call your name, and you may stand at the front."

A pause. Some people held their breath; others watched coolly. Worrying doesn't make a difference.

"Nam Taejin."

For a moment, Taejin didn't feel as if he could bring himself to move. He stood, rooted on the spot, eyes wide with excitement, or fear, or both — until he walked forward, displaying some kind of artificial confidence, a wide smile on his face that he couldn't control (if he could, he'd definitely stop smiling so wide his gums showed). He took his place at the front, an appropriate space away from the representative. He made very indiscernible eye contact with Jinsu, and subtly mouthed please come with me before resuming his eyes at the front.