❝ EIGHTH ❞

☜♡☞
CAN'T TELL THE EMOTION.
If you want something you never had, do something you've never done.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Being assigned things wasn't anything new in JYP. However, being assigned to write lyrics was a recent idea, dreamed up by the very people who would provide songs for them. It's a group task, it'll help their co-operation, get them thinking, etc. All weak excuses for putting six boys in temporary Hell for a day.

I say six because Lyosha wasn't present for that. It was the only week wherein he was allowed to visit Russia before debuting, and he wasn't in any mind to turn it down. It had been a year since he'd stepped on Russian ground, and he was feeling pretty deprived.

So, while he was away taking jello shots and watching airplane shows, the rest of them were writing pretty questionable song lyrics.

They were put together in pairs — Taejin and Juyong, Jinsu and Zhoixei, and Jimin and Kyungsoo. They could write in any language, so long as it could be translated easily. And it had to be SFW. Nobody's pulling an Expensive Girl here.

Kyungsoo's imagination was cut short that day, which gave him leeway to raid Lyosha's collection of lyrics. Being his roommate had its upsides. He spent the majority of his time with Jimin in the studio, looking through Lyosha's writing, and not doing any of their own.

"Bitch has wrote them all in Russian," Kyungsoo murmured, looking for anything remotely identifiable. He made out ideas are useless if you don't do anything with them from the single English sentence at the bottom.

"Flip them," said Jimin, revealing a whole page of messily-written Hangul.

This is merely the beginning again
What you been living in? 
A box, under the bride, like Anthony Keidis 
Looking for something to complete us
And maybe lead us, fuck an elitist 
Hell of a long way from equal is how they treat us
Turn on the television
See the vision they feed us

"Who the fuck is Anthony Keidis?" said Jimin, asking the real question. "Also, he's shading someone. Look at those last three lines."

"This is some real shit," said Kyungsoo, quietly. He was trying to disguise how impressed he was by erasing all emotion in his voice. "It'd be unrealistic for us to write this. Let's look for more."

Stand up, be vociferant 
Tell me why I'm getting shit for being different
Being fake woke is so in right now 

"Let's stop looking," Kyungsoo suggested, gathering the papers into a sloppy pile and pushing them to the edge of the desk. "I'll put them back later. We can only hope that he doesn't notice we moved anything."

Jimin leaned back on his spinny chair and sighed, loudly. He stared at the recessed lighting above. "It's been like, a half hour. We've got nothing so far. Not even my best friend's secret writing can save us."

"I'm learning to accept the fact that I am and always will be shit at writing lyrics," said Kyungsoo. His mind had gone blank, as if someone had swept away his thoughts and wouldn't return them.

Eventually, after many Google searches and wasted paper, the both of them managed to produce the following verse.

At times I wonder why I fool with you
But this is new to me, this is new to you
Initially, I didn't wanna fall for you
Gather my attention, it was all for you, so don't
Take advantage, don't leave my heart damaged
To understand that things go a little bit better when you plan it

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
NOTE:
i was intending for this to be a big chapter but writers block is fucking me up so i figured i'd publish it in individual parts ((':

i actually hate this chapter, but i haven't updated in fucking years

IVYTAE slutdae holykris bubblegumsuga euigones amodeous

— AMY.