Chapter 1

Harley's POV

"I wanna be forever young, forever young, do you really want to live forever or never? Forever young," My band and I were playing in her garage.

"Harley, who are you texting?" That's my best friend, Jeanne.

"No one," I lied right through my teeth. I'm texting my foster brother, why don't I just tell her? Oh, yeah because she will freak out when she finds out that my brother is Niall Horan. If she's my best friend than how come I don't tell her anything about me? "Are you guys ready?" We all know that she's talking to me specifically, but I really don't care. Is it weird that she doesn't know that 1. My foster brother is Niall Horan, 2. I'm living in a foster home, and 3. I went to juvy?

"Yeah, I'm ready let's start. What song do you guys want to play?"

"Let's play... Half a heart by one direction," said Jeanne. It's like a kick in the gut, Niall was listening through the garage door. It's completely obvious that he doesn't trust me.

"Guys I gotta go. My mom just texted me. Bye guys." I watched my friends leave and closed the garage door. Another lie, my mom doesn't want me to go in yet, but Niall does.

I walked inside, "Do you always have to ruin my fun?"

"I don't want you to get hurt. It's not my fault that you made bad choices, I just try to stop you from making more."

"Why do you always bring that up? You chose me and my choices, I didn't choose you."

Oh no, he's mad now. He hates when I talk like that.

"I didn't have to choose you, but I did! If you don't want to be here than leave, but we both know that you need me a lot more than I need you!" That is completely true, I need him he doesn't need me. Even if I could have I still wouldn't have left. I ran upstairs to my room to go to sleep, but then I remembered something that my foster mom always says, "Never go to sleep angry." I walked downstairs.

"Niall.."

"What do you want, Harley?" Stupid irish accent it always makes it harder to be mad at him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I did and I know that you didn't have to choose me, but you did and that still confuses me."

"It was me who picked you, but it was my mum and dad who adopted you."

"I know, but you chose me. I don't think your mom would have."

"Harley, I chose you because when I saw you, you had this perfect smile, a twinkle in your eye, and that laugh sealed the deal." He smiled and then the phone rang.

"Hello. Harley, go get some rest, I have to talk to Liam about some stuff." Niall started talking to Liam and I went upstairs.

Niall's POV

"Hey Liam." I can't stop thinking about Harley. I'm gonna tell Liam what happened. Not just about this.

"Hey Niall," Liam's accent is almost as nice as Harley's. I looked around to make sure Harley went upstairs.

"Liam, I need to talk to you. Can you come over?"

"Is Harley there?" He says it like he's wants her to be here.

"Yes, she is, but this is about her."

"Ok, I'll be there soon. I have to tell you something, too."

Liam's POV

I want to tell Niall that I like Harley, but I can't. I just can't. I need to tell him though. It's killing me keeping this secret from him. He trusts me so much, I should trust him. I pull into their driveway.

"Hey Liam," Niall opened the door. He sounds upset.

"Niall, what's wrong mate?"

"The foster place... They found Harley's... Real family and.. And they want to take her back," he started crying.

"They can't take her from you and your parents. Can they?" I'm crying too now. I see Harley staring at us, trying to hide her tears. Niall doesn't see hear, but hears her when she breaks her glass by dropping it on the floor.

"Harley, I was going to tell you, but I didn't know how to tell you," poor Niall. He loves her more than anything. She ran upstairs crying.

"Harley wait!" He started heading after her, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Let her think right now, mate. They can't take her if she doesn't want to go." Niall nodded his head in agreement.

______________________________________________

I hope you guys like my story so far. Please comment ideas.

- cass