Chapter 3

Jeanne's POV

I wonder what happened to Harley? She didn't come to school today. I'm gonna test her
*Y weren't u at school 2day?* she answered pretty quickly.
*I was busy*
*doing wat?*
*nothing* what? Nothing, what does she mean nothing? Her family would never let her skip school. They're all goody-goody, I mean they don't even go outside other than Harley.
*We have band practice 2nite* I reminded her hoping she'll remember.
*i know! can't wait. I hav to talk to u after*
*ok* I wonder what she needs to talk about.
*Gotta go. See u soon*

Harley's POV

We have practice in ten minutes. I took out my guitar and an extra pair of drumsticks since Ryan, our drummer and Jeanne's brother always forgets his. I need to tell Jeanne a couple things tonight, but I can't rush it.
Ok let's see what I have to tell her:
1. I'm a foster child
2. I'm Niall Horan's sister
3. I went to juvy
4. I might be leaving
5. I kissed her brother ( oh yeah, it almost forgot about this)
So, I can't tell her that all at once. What's first? Well if I tell her number one than numbers two, three, and four come with it. So, I guess it's number five.
*45 minutes later*
"1,2,1,2,3..."Ryan said.
"Wait guys! I wrote a song can we try it?" I handed them all a paper with the lyrics and the notes.
"Let's try it. 1,2,1,2,3,4" Ryan said hitting his drumsticks against each other.
"You can see through my fake smile,
You can see my inner tears,
You know my strengths and weaknesses
And all my fears,
You know that I'm trying
And that's enough for you,
I'm proud to say I know you
And your proud to know me, too," I broke out into a guitar solo.
"That was really nice, Harley," Jeanne and Jake, our base player, said together.
"Well, practice is over. Jeanne can you stay back for a second," I asked her.
"Ok, Ryan tell mom I'll be back in a minute."
The guys left. We sat in my garage and I said, " I kissed your brother," before she could say anything I continued, "I'm Niall Horan's foster sister and I went to juvy." That might have been too much, too fast, but now I can cross off lies number 1,2,3, and 5.

Jeanne's POV

Did she just say what I think she said? I have to leave now. I ran out at fast as I could. I kept running until I was home and then in the kitchen was Ryan kissing a girl. Poor Harley. I heard the door open and someone run in and stop right as they saw Ryan. It was Harley.
"I hate you!" I heard Harley scream at Ryan.
"Harley, come on I'm sorry," Ryan pleaded. Harley ran out.
"Did you know that you're a jerk?" I asked Ryan.
"Shut up, Jeanne," he went upstairs.

Harley's POV

I ran home crying. I ran inside and up to my room. Niall came in and he knew something was wrong.
"Harley, are you ok?" I didn't answer him for a while, but I know it's not his fault.
"I'm fine, I just want to go to bed." He left.
I woke up, it's Saturday.
I'm crying and I got up and walked to Niall's room. He wasn't in there. I forgot that he had rehearsal today. I sat on his chair and went on the computer. I went on Instagram and noticed that all my pictures were deleted and I lost followers and unfollowed some some people. I never did that and only two other people know my password, Niall and Jeanne. Would Jeanne do something like that?
I decided to get some answers.
* hey did u go on and edit my insta?*
*no* that was fast.
*all my pics r deleted*
*r u accusing me?* I didn't say I was accusing her. This is weird maybe she did go on my Instagram.
*why would I accuse you?*
*sorry, your right*
*ok, well I gotta go.* No I don't.
BRIIING BRIIING
That's my phone, "Hello?"
"Hey Harley," it's Niall, "Your dad called. He wants to know if you want to see him tomorrow to talk about going back to him." I wasn't expecting that.

Niall's POV

I can't believe that I have to tell her this.
"I don't know if I want to see him. He got rid of me," Harley sounds like she doesn't want to see him ever again for the rest of her life.
"I'll go with you," I told her.
"Ok, I'll go. Bye." I hung up.
I hope this all goes well.
_________________________________________________
In the next chapter: Harley meets her dad.
-Cass