Freedom

Please enjoy! Leave reviews below and let me know if you guys want me to continue! I will start chapter 2 and post it if there is interest in this story :))

Chapter 1

All concept of time was long gone. Had she been down here for days? Weeks? Months? Years? Probably more than a few weeks. How many? She had no clue. The hope she was desperately clinging to was dwindling down as each day passed. Everyday was the same and consisted of pain and violation. She remembered how she felt at first: terrified and broken. Now it was just apart of her life. This life of being used by another person for their own pleasure. No dignity. No independence. She fully depended on him for her survival, yet at the same time, she truly despised him and wished he would leave her the hell alone.

She fumbled with a loose string from her gown. The light blue fabric draped across her fragile body. She knew she had lost weight, she just didn't know how much. He brought her food and water daily but her appetite nearly disappeared.

Her chance finally came one day. Morning or evening, she had no idea. She hoped it would be sunny outside, but either would do. She had her chance and needed to take it.
He came down the cement stairs, holding her tray of food. She reached under the thin mattress and wrapped her fingers around it's base.

"Here you are, my princess. Chicken noodle soup–"

Before he could finish she lunged at him, plunging the sharp knife-like object into his stomach. He gasped and stepped back, clutching the eatery point of the object.

The object. Her way out. She had taken one drawer out of the night stand next to her cot and broke the back wooden side off. When she put the rest of the drawer back in, he wouldn't be able to see what she had done. For what seemed like months, she would work on her escape tool. After he would visit her or if she was struggling, she would get to work on thinning it out and sharpening one end. She wrapped the dull end in a piece of sheet from her bed that she ripped off to avoid cutting herself when she used it.

She knew from observing him that he left the door unlocked while he was with her and locked it again after he left. She took her chance, grabbed the keys from their hanger and sprinted up those cement stairs that she dreamed about running up. As soon as she opened the door, she felt warm sunlight beaming down on her face. She quickly fumbled with the keys and locked the door so he wouldn't be able to escape.

When the door was locked she turned around but didn't move. She took in her surroundings. There was an open field in front of her, not a highway or town like she had been hoping. She felt the green grass underneath her feet and the sunlight kissing her cheeks for the first time in forever. She was brought back to reality when she heard pounding on the door and she took off running again. She ran until her feet could no longer carry herself. She ran until she couldn't remember anything.

Don't forget to leave reviews & let me know if you are interested in the rest of this story!