teddy bear rises - oohyo

Minsun woke up in a hospital bed. She blinked up at the bright ceiling, trying to make sense of her puzzled mind.

Suddenly all the memories of the terrifying night rushed into her brain like a bursting water pipe.

"MI-RA! MI-RA!"

Three nurses automatically hurtled to her side as she flailed around the bed. Behind them stood a man and a woman who had been waiting for her to wake up.

"Please stay back sir and madam, she isn't ready to talk to you two," said a male nurse.

Minsun was trying to break free as the nurses attempted to calm her down with kind but stern voices. Their strong clasos on her arm reminded her too vividly of the two men from the night before; causing her to panic more.

"Let go of me! Please, just tell me where my baby is," she begged, staring at the young female nurse who looked about just as scared as her.

Other patients curiously watched, many of them looked frightened at her crazy outburst in the room that was previously peaceful.

"She needs a higher dosage."

"Someone call Doctor Lee!"

Quick footsteps slapped across the tiled floor. Then she blacked out again.

The next time Minsun opened her eyes, there were two nurses either side of her who immediately turned to her attention. They cautiously eyed her, nervous but ready for her next move. However, she continued to stare blankly at the ceiling, showing no signs of aggression. Her body felt numb and there wasn't a single bit of energy in her to do anything.

The same man and woman from earlier pushed past two of the nurses then stood beside Minsun. She looked at them with no desire to know what they wanted from her.

They introduced themselves as detectives from the local police force who were investigating the events that took place in her house.

"After you recover, we would like you to share with us every detail that happened during the early hours of that night."

That was all they said before walking out. Not even a few encouraging words for her.

Minsun stayed in the care of the hospital for a day before being discharged. Before leaving the hospital, she was picked up by the same two detectives.

"You are going to need this," said the female detective, giving her a black mask and hat.

Minsun stared at them. They reminded her of the two masked men. When she didn't take it from her hand, the detective decided to put it on Minsun herself. Then they both put a firm grip on both of her arms. Minsun tensed up, trying to stop her body from trembling with fear and pushing away the terrible memories of the gangsters.

Dozens of reporters and photographers were crowding outside. When the automatic doors slid open and the three of them came out, chaos ensued.

Reporters tried to push past the police, shoving their microphones towards Minsun. A couple of them managed to accidentally smack her whilst the reporters struggled behind the police.

Flashing lights caught her eyes. So Minsun ducked down and looked at her feet as she held onto the detectives for dear life.

"What happened that night?"

"Are you responsible for what happened to the baby?"

"What is your name?"

"What is the baby's name?"

Eventually the detectives managed to push her in their black van and they drove off to the police station. The female detective took her to a dark cold room to interrogate her.

But Minsun didn't speak a single word. She simply watched the steam dancing over the hot cup of coffee that sat before her.

"You must say something Ms Chung," she said, "Staying in silence isn't helping your case. Your neighbours downstairs are already getting suspicious of you. The media is getting suspicious of you too."

Still then Minsun didn't say a thing. She didn't want to say anything until she knew what happened to Mi-Ra. Even then, Minsun didn't want to recover those memories ever again.

"Was there anyone else other than you and the baby there?"

Minsun finally looked up, straight into the detectives eyes. The woman stared back at her, expectantly.

"Where is my Mi-ra?"

The woman sighed as she opened her folder. She took out a picture and placed it on the table, right in front of her. Minsun leaned forwards and looked at the disturbing photograph. Her eyes immediately shut tight and she screamed as she clutched her face.

"No! No!"

"Now can you tell me what happened?"

Minsun's shoulders shook as she began to cry. "This can't be real. I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming!"

She repetitively slapped her cheeks as an attempt wake herself up from her nightmare. The detective rushed to her side to stop her from hurting herself any further.

"I didn't do anything!" she screamed, "It's all my fault. She is gone because I didn't do anything."

"Please keep calm Ms Chung."

"Tell me she is okay!" She pleaded, clasping her hands together to the detective. "Tell me my baby is alive!"

Due to Minsun's continuous denial to the death of Mi-Ra, the detective took her to the morgue.

Minsun walked alongside the woman, their footsteps echoing through the never-ending hallway. The lights above them constantly flickered, in desperate needs for their bulbs to ve changed. The place looked abandoned and uncared for.

Eventually they entered a room, where there was a man in a white jacket waiting for them. Behind him was an equally white sheet covering the steel table. Majority of the sheet was flat against the table, besides a small portion right at the top of the table. She didn't want to admit that whatever laid beneath the sheets was going to be a body, Mi-ra's body.

She took small nervous steps towards the table. Each time she got closer, she slowed her strides, not prepared to uncover what was hiding on the cold table. Eventually her trembling hands held the sheet that felt rough between her fingertips. She picked it up, moving it down the table.

She was confronted by a tiny broken body. Staring at her pale body was most terrifying thing she'd ever witnessed. More punishing than look at Blue's monstrous face. That was an image which was going to be forever ingrained into her mind.

This time not a sound left her mouth. She simply collapsed onto the cold floor and stared at it with wide eyes. Her mind was empty. Her heart was empty.