Episode 5: Forced Marriage

May has a good rest that night, dreaming about the ball and the Prince. She was happy that day, happily doing her chores. Lady Trancy has come to her room that night to check on her, making sure that she is asleep. She has found that the lady, Prince Drew was dancing with is a lot like May. After checking May after the ball and finding her truly asleep, she gets out of the room and shrugs off the feeling she had. Lady Trancy decided that May maybe the girl that Prince Drew had been within the ball and wanted to make sure May got out of the way from her plan of getting Brianna marrying the prince. So that afternoon, she set up a meeting with the billionaire, Brandon, who she thinks will like May and also be a benefit to the family.

May was watching the dishes while singing when she heard someone had knocked on the door. She stops singing and drys her hands before walking out of the kitchen and opening the main door. Standing at the doorway is Brendan, who she had met during the ball. He is wearing a black suit with a white collar shirt and a dark red tie. A butler is standing beside him. May can see a long black limo was parked outside the gate. Lady Trancy walks down the stairs quickly and greets Brendan.

"Mr.Birch! I am so happy that you have decided to stop by! Come in and make yourself feel like home," Lady Trancy exclaimed like a convivial host and look at May. "May, why don't you prepare some tea and cakes."

"Yes, My Lady," May said. She was taught to never call Lady Trancy 'Stepmother' in front of guests. May quickly rush into the kitchen and prepares cake and tea for the guest as Lady Trancy invites Brendan in and takes him to the sunroom to have tea.

"Thank you, May," Lady Trancy said as May set down the tea and the cakes and poured two cups of tea.

"Um... this tea is specially made with a lot of favor," Brendan commented after he took a sip.

"Yes, Mr.Birch. You do have some very good taste. This tea is specially made," Lady Trancy bragged as May left the room.

May went back to doing her chores. She quickly finishes washing the dishes and gets started cleaning the floor. She was sitting on the floor with her hair pinned up and a bucket of water beside her as she used a towel to clean the crystal clear floors. Brendan was standing by the hallway, watching May clean the floor. May was wearing a black dress that reached to her knees and a white apron over it. She also has white knee-length socks and black flats. Her brown hair was pinned up today by a single long hairpin, thanks to Dawn who helped May do her hair. May was smiling as she worked and her deep blue eyes were shining. May does remember Brandon, the girl he had met at the ball. He walks over toward May until he is standing above her and kneels until he is at her level. He put his index finger under her chin and tilted it up so her sapphire eyes met his brown ones. He stares at it for a while before letting go of her face and stands up, dusting himself.

"She will do, Lady Trancy. When will the preparation begin?" Brendan asks after he stands up and turns around, facing Lady Trancy who is looking at him from the door.

"Of course! The preparation will start as soon as possible. It will begin tomorrow!" Lady Trancy exclaimed.

"Very well, I will come by tomorrow," Brendan said as he took one more look at May before walking out the door with his butler walking beside him. The door closes and May quickly continues cleaning.

That night, May was handing out the family's food when Lady Trancy decided to tell everyone the exciting news.

"May, you have grown up. It is about time you have to form a family. Mr. Brendan Birch, the one you have met this morning, had agreed to marry you and also, giving us five million dollars. The preparations will start tomorrow and I hope that you make Mr.Branden Birch happy and didn't regret his choice. Don't worry, he will treat you well. Just remember to act as his wife and make him happy. You better not ruin my plans," Lady Trancy stated with excitement and seriousness in her voice thinking about the money while May and Dawn were in shock before hiding it away. May can't believe that she was forced to be married away for money.

"I am so excited for you May! You get to marry Brendan Birch! I can't wait for your wedding! Just thinking about it makes me wonder when Prince Drew's and my wedding are!" Brianna exclaimed, only thinking of herself, and didn't know that she was mocking May.

"When is the wedding, Mother?" Dawn asked.

"Next month! We have so much to do until that time!" Lady Trancy exclaimed. Dawn looks at May and is saddened. She didn't want her stepsister to marry someone she doesn't like and just for money. What about May's happiness? Dawn knows that she can't marry Paul because Lady Trancy would never allow it but May? May is supposed to marry Prince Drew! Since when did Prince Drew and Brianna get married?

May excused herself and walked back into the kitchen to eat her dinner and feed the Pokemons before going back to the dining room to give the family their dessert and get their plates away. Lady Trancy and Brianna were still talking about May's forced wedding. The evening soon ends as May finishes washing the dishes and cleans the table. She was laying on her bed with her Beautifly by her side.

"Oh Beautifly, what did I do to deserve this?" May asked as she cried, her Beautifly cried with her. May falls into sleep, with tears as her Beautifly went back to sleep in the garden of roses.