Episode 20: The Start of the Ball

May was suddenly being dragged into a room when she walked past Dawn's room. She turns around and finds Dawn, Leaf, and Misty either standing or sitting on a chair or the bed. May looked at them, totally confused.

"What's going on?" May asked.

"We need to get ready, dummy! Today is the last ball dance for the season! I totally work so hard on your dress!" Dawn cried as she threw a dress at each of the girls.

Leaf, Misty, and May sigh as they go to the dressing rooms in the area that is connected to Dawn's room.

"Since when do you have dressing rooms?" May asked as she was putting on her dress.

"Since I am the fashion designer, Prince Drew allows me to have more sections in my room and I divide it!" Dawn exclaimed from her dressing room.

Leaf, Dawn, Misty, and May finish dressing up and walk out of their rooms.

Leaf was wearing a shoulderless lime green dress, decorated with dark green laces around the dress like vine and emerald leaves on the lace that reached above her shoes. She also had on a pair of matching green gloves that reach a little above the elbows decorated with little emeralds and a pair of green heels with a green bow on the top. She also had on her ring and an emerald necklace. Sitting on her hair is a silver tiara with emeralds.

Misty had on a blue shoulderless dress that reaches to the floor decorated with light blue laces as waves and sapphires that look like water droplets. She also wears a pair of blue gloves that reach over her elbows with sapphire and a pair of blue heels. She had on her ring with a sapphire necklace. On her head is a light yellow tiara with sapphires.

Dawn was wearing a light pink shoulderless dress that reached a little above her heels decorated with light purple laces and diamonds. She had on a pair of pink gloves that reached above her elbows with diamonds and a pair of pink heels. She had on her ring and diamond necklace. On her head is a purple tiara with diamonds.

May was wearing a red shoulderless dress that reaches to the floor with light red laces and rubies, making May look like she is in the middle of a rose. She had on a pair of red gloves reaching above her elbows and a pair of red glass heels. She had on a ruby necklace and on top of her hair is a silver tiara with rubies.

The girls looked at each other and squealed.

"We look so amazing! Thanks, Dawn! No one can beat us now!" Leaf exclaimed.

"I love the design! It looks like the dress is decorated with water droplets!" Misty complimented.

"I love roses! It must take you a long time to make these!" May said excitedly.

"It really is nothing, girls. There is nothing I can't do when it comes to designing," Dawn said. "Now, let me check your dresses before anything else," Dawn instructed as she looked over the girls.

Dawn checks over everyone before helping them with a little makeup and fixing their hair and the tiara.

"There. Now we are ready," Dawn breathed.

"The ball is going to start soon. The guests are already arriving," Leaf pointed out.

"Let's go then, shall we?" Misty asked.

"We are going to show them our beauty," Dawn said.

"You guys go ahead. Dawn and I will go in later," May said. The girls looked at each other and Dawn nodded.

"Okay then. I will see you on the ball. Don't be late," Misty said playfully.

Leaf and Misty giggle as they walk out of Dawn's room and into the front hall where two guards are standing by a double door where the ball is.

The guards looked at the girls before one of them asked, "May I have your invitations, please."

Misty hands over the invitations and the guards scan over and nod.

"You two may enter," the guard said as he allows the girls to walk through and down the red carpet.

Everyone that had already arrived at the ball looked at the girls with shock and envy. Their dresses stand out from the crowd. The girls continue to walk until the carpet ends and they are in the middle of the room. The girls noticed the boys on one side of the room. They all are wearing black suits but with different designs.

Paul had on a black jacket with his buttons up and shows a dark pink tie that is neatly tucked in the jacket. He wears black jeans and a pair of black shoes. His ring is worn and he has a light pink crown on his head.

Gary was wearing his jacket open with his black vest inside buttoned up and his green tie a little loose but neatly tucked inside his vast. He had on a pair of black pants and black shoes and wore his ring. On his head is a green crown.

Ash is wearing a black jacket with half of his button closed. His blue tie was shown and was loose. He wears a pair of black pants and black shoes. On his hair is a blue crown.

Prince Drew is wearing his jacket open like Gary. His vest is buttoned up and his red tie was tucked in. He had on a pair of black pants and black shoes. His prince pins were on the jacket. He wears his prince crown on his head.

"Nice outfit, boys," Misty complimented.

"Thanks. Dawn chose it for us," Gary replied.

"I know. When is the ball going to start?" Leaf asked.

"Soon," Paul replied.

"Where are Mia and Dawn?" Prince Drew asked.

"They will be here soon," Dawn replies.

The party soon begins with Lady Brianna and Lady Trancy being the last to enter the room. The music starts playing and the ball begins with May and Dawn nowhere in sight.

"Where do you think they might be?" Misty whispers to Leaf. "They are late!"

Misty's question was answered by the gasp from the people as they stare at the two newcomers at the door.