Episode 21: Belle of the Ball

As soon as Leaf and Misty leave the room, Dawn rushes over and locks the door, and closes down the windows and curtains. May sits on the chair in front of the mirror as Dawn rushes around.

"We have so much to do before we go to the ball!" Dawn exclaimed as she rushed to May and took off her tiara and began taking off her wig.

Dawn then took off the eye contacts May had on and began brushing her hair out.

"I can't believe you still hide it from them! How long are you planning to continue?" Dawn exclaimed as she brushed May's hair.

"I don't know. I am scared. I am worried that the secret may leak out. If someone caught me, they would not be in trouble because they don't know about it," May replies.

Dawn sighs as she continues working on the hair and begins putting it into two high buns with some strands of hair let down. "May, you always think about others first. You need to think for yourself sometime! You can't always be like this! Your friends want to help you," Dawn lectured.

"I know. I am just not ready," May said.

"You said that last time. It better be soon or I am going to do that for you," Dawn said as she put the tiara on May's head and started working on May's makeup again because she kind of brushed some away in her fingers when she took out May's eye contacts.

"I know, Dawn. I will," May said as Dawn finishes the work.

"Wala! My masterpiece! This is going to be perfect! Now give me a big smile and let's go to the ball! It was time already! We are late!" Dawn exclaimed as she rushed May out and closed the door.

"Didn't Cinderella the last one to enter the ball late but end up to be with the Prince and is the most beautiful," May said as she quickly rushes after Dawn.

May and Dawn quickly rush to the doors of the ball where the two guards are standing there.

"You both are late for the ball, my lady. Do you have your invitations?" one of the guards asked.

"Yes. Here are our invitations," Dawn said as she hands in their invitations.

The guards looked at the invitations and nodded. "The ball is down the hall, my lady," one guard said as they let May and Dawn in. They walk down the red carpet and earn may gasp from the guests. They are late to the ball but like Cinderella, they stand out and are beautiful. May and Dawn meet up with Misty and Leaf as soon as they get to the floor. The girls give each other a quick hug.

"Where have you been, Dawn? And where is Mia?" Misty cries as she notices 'Mia' is not with Dawn.

"Lady Maybelle! You look great today!" Leaf complimented.

"Thank you! You look great also! The dress bought out your eyes," May said.

"Her dress looks like the one Mia is wearing," Misty whispers into Dawn's ears.

"Really? It must be your imagination! Mia was suddenly not feeling well today so she can't come," Dawn replies.

Misty didn't believe Dawn and thought that she was hiding something. Also, May's dress is very familiar. Misty didn't know that Maybelle is Mia. Misty just nods in response but makes a mental note to keep an eye on May.

Lady Brianna quickly rushed toward Prince Drew, who was awe-stricken at May's appearance. She gives him a big bear hug and clings on his left arm.

"Prince Drew! Did you miss me?" Lady Brianna asked in her sweet and honey voice.

"Lady Brianna, can you please not cling into my arm. I can't move. Also, you came to visit me yesterday," Prince Drew said.

"But yesterday was so long ago!" Lady Brianna whined.

Prince Drew looks at Gary and Paul for help. Paul just smirks while Gary makes a sad face and uses his finger as a tear and mouthed 'I feel so bad for you'. Prince Drew frowns and sighs. He needs to deal with Lady Brianna now all by himself.

"Prince Drew, are you okay? Do you need my help?" Lady Brianna asked.

Prince Drew quickly shakes his head. "No thank you. I am fine really," Prince Drew said.

"You sure?" Lady Brianna asked.

"Yep," Prince Drew quickly answers.

"Lady Brianna, do you want a drink? His Highness is feeling a little tired," Gary said, saving Prince Drew. Lady Brianna nods and rushes over to the food table on the other side of the room.

"Looks like Your Highness is busy today with Lady Brianna. How are you?" May asked as she walked toward Prince Drew and gave a quick low bow.

"It is nice to see you, my lady. I am fine. Have you enjoyed the ball so far?" Prince Drew asked as he returned the bow with his own and kissed May's back of her left hand quickly, causing May to blush a bit. Leaf and Dawn giggle as Misty glares. Misty doesn't like May because she always seems to be around Prince Drew even though she also has the affection of Lord Brandon.

"Is she trying to get Prince Drew and become the Queen like Lady Trancy?" Misty wonders.

"I am enjoying the ball but of course, I am late. How are you and Lady Brianna? Still, as close as ever I see," May teased with a smile.

"Don't ask," Prince Drew muttered under his breath as May giggles.

Lady Brianna suddenly breaks into the conversation, cringes onto Prince Drew's arm.

"I am Prince Drew's betroth. If you need to ask anything, you can ask me," Lady Brianna said in a threatening voice.

"I am sorry, Lady Brianna," May said before turning to Prince Drew. "It seems like you are busy now, Your Highness. I guess I will take my leave now," May said as she bowed and left the two and vanished into the crowd.

Lady Brianna looks at May with jealousy as May walks away and unknown to Lady Brianna, Soledad and Harley are in their fairy form at the ceiling plank, watching the show.