chapter seventeen

Gen scooped Tony up and whisked him to the control room where Steve was waiting, already in full gear, "Time to go!" Gen shouted.

"We know where Loki is," Tony said at the same time.

"Uh... You know where Loki is," Gen corrected as she snuffed out the last of the flames in her hair, "I don't think even Alison really knows what you think she knows."

"Where are we going?" Romanoff broke in, her eyes narrowed slightly.

Tony looked at the speedster briefly before turning back to the rest of the team, "He's at Stark Tower."

"Can you fly one of those jets?" Gen broke in to ask Clint, who was in the middle of walking out of the bathroom, "I'm pretty sure it was listed on your file."

"I can," the archer replied, seeming to be taken off guard.

"You got a suit?" Steve asked.

"Yeah."

"Then suit up," Steve said, the message going to all of them rather than just the man he was speaking to.

Gen rushed off, briefly consulting Winter on what she wanted to bring to the fight. She ended up with four handguns at her waist, including their own trusty pistol. The next thing they did was ring the animal shelter again.

"Alison!" Holly answered enthusiastically as soon as she picked up, "Is everything okay now?"

"Not Alison," Gen responded, "And everything is not okay. A Norse god is about to open a portal and summon an army. You need to get out of the city. Now."

There was silence for a few moments, and the speedster assumed that her friend was still processing everything going on, "...what?"

"Get out of Manhattan," she said as firmly as she could, "Get George. Get as many of the animals as possible and book it."

"...okay...I can do that..."

"Good. Because now I have to go fight him."

"...have fun..."

Gen totally didn't laugh at the way Holly sounded so dumbstruck.

First off, I'd like to apologize for not updating Colors at all last week. I tried. I really did. But I have been having quite a bit of writers block for that series. As for this book, well, I was totally prepared to write another few pages, but after writing more, I decided I absolutely loved the ending right here. Also, Alison's gone for now (no that is not a guarantee that she'll be in control again), and next chapter we for sure get the 'Son, just don't' from Captain America. So that's something to look forward to. And as always, I hope you all have a fantastic few days and I'll see you all again on Friday with chapter eighteen. :)

~ Aria