epilogue

A few days later, Kae, Holly, and George were all back at the animal shelter, the tv going on in the background as they worked, Kae doing paperwork at the front desk while George was just getting back from walking the five dogs they had in residence and Holly was flipping through different news channels, watching only a few seconds of each before moving on.

"Superheroes? In New York?" An elderly man playing chess scoffed, "Gimme a break."

Kae smiled, knowing that he was wrong as Holly complained, "Come on! It was on live television. My best friend's a hero!"

Kae flipped over the page of the packet she was working on at the same time that Holly flipped the channel, "These so called heroes have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight. Where are they now?"

"I don't think they realize that you work for the government," George pointed out as he tried to disentangle himself from the mess of leashes of the different dogs.

Holly flipped the channel again, "What? That this was somehow their fault?" a waitress was saying,  "Captain America and Legion saved my life. Wherever they are, wherever any of them are, I just wanna say thank you."

Kae couldn't help but smile.

"We did a lot of good," Winter said.

"Yeah, we did," Gen agreed.

Her phone chimed and she got up, swinging her jacket on and pushing in her chair, "Time to save the world?" Holly asked.

"Nah," Kae continued smiling, "We already did that."

"Now we just have to say goodbye," Alison finished.

"We'll see you later," George said, leading the dogs back into the room, "have fun!"

"We will!"

THE END.

Seconds after I publish this part, I'll be publishing the cast and update information for Sokovia, so you can now go check that out. I hope that you all fave a fantastic week, and thank you for reading, voting, and commenting on this book, I really appreciate it. :)
~ Aria