1 - Before THIS Happened

Kim Jiyeong was sitting daintily on the antique bench in her backyard. Her eyes looked happy and innocent, but she was thinking about how much she hates the world.

The air was silent; no wind, no falling trees, no breaking branches. Everything was perfect. Her mansion, her parents and their money, the garden, the people who were scared of the family. Or jealous. It made Jiyeong confident to see these peasants praising her.

"Annyeonghaseyo?"

It was an unknown voice calling.

Jiyeong stopped moving, and looked around.

"Annyeong?" It asked again. "I know you're in the yard. Come out and play!~"

She grabbed a rather large stick and held it firmly, saying: "W-who are you? You sound awfully... young."

"You are in there!" The voice sounded please. "I'm Jung Hoseok, your next door neighbour a few blocks away."

Jiyeong's house was big.

"Oh... how old are you then?" She asked, dropping the stick but only to put her hands on her hips.

"10."

"I'm uh... 13."

She heard a chuckle. "I thought you were 11.~"

"How did you know?!"

"Everyone talks about you, Jiyeong. They say you're a princess. I'd like to see if you are one."

She wouldn't bother asking how he knew her name. "Whatever. I am coming out now."

Fearfully, Jiyeong opened the opaque gate, and looked onward, to see a boy. Just a beautiful boy. Not a murderer or petifile. But a boy.

"You are... handsome," she blurted out, immediately blushing. "W-wait I didn't-"

"Aww, thank you!" He cheered. "You are very pretty. Why don't you come out often?"

She bit her lip to stop the words "To escape these peasants".

"Umm... I'm not very outdoor-sy."

"But you were in the backyard."

"Umm.... where there is shade?"

Hoseok raised an eyebrow, but relaxed and said: "Okay, Princess."

Jiyeong giggled, but stopped. Her fierce reputation was not going to be ruined. "Don't call me that. If anything, I am a warrior."

Hoseok ignored this. "What school to you go to?"

"I'm homeschooled." She rolled her eyes like he should've known.

"Oh, cool!" He exclaimed. "Could we be friends, then?"

"Er.... okay..?"

Hoseok squealed. "Thanks Jiyeong! Bye!" He ran back without another word.

And that's how the two met, and became best friends. Something more, too.~

~.~

Hey there. .3. Thanks for reading meh first chapter. I rlly appreciate it!~

Btw, if ur new here... I'm Snazzy_Neko. Just call me Snazzy, though. If you want to ask a question, type #snazzboi before you do.

Thanks, and byyyyeeeeee!