3 - School

I woke up, feeling gross and tired. Like always.

Then I looked at the clock.

9 am

"Crap, crap, crap!" I yelled, and raised downstairs, past my parents. But then I backed up.

"Wait.." I said. "Why didn't you wake me up? Didn't you notice I was late??"

They looked up as if they just saw me.

"You need to learn to become an adult," Appa said.

Eomma nodded. "Exactly. Your seventeenth birthday is coming up, and you don't even have a boyfriend."

"But I'm not interested in boys!" I exclaimed.

"You're lesbian?"

"No! I just don't like anyone!" Annoyed, I sighed. "Whatever. I'm only 16. Bye."

I grabbed my bag and rushed outside. The bus was there.

Thank God I didn't miss it.

The ride to school was a good 20 minutes. And just add the stops. I looked out the window as life ran past me. The small houses turned into tall buildings, and it was raining. Like a kid, I pretended the rain drops were racing each other to the end, listening to the thunder that rumbled in the sky.

This was my favourite weather that could make me forget about all my worries. From my parents, to low scores. Hoseok did that to me, too. I loved his cheerfulness and passion. He carried empathy around like a friend, and relationship goals like a family member.

Not that I was interested in him though.

Either way, I was glad I didn't end up like the 2 monsters that live with me. I'm just a pet to them. I don't matter at all. But Hobi makes me feel happy and grateful. He made me this way. Not a rich, vulnerable girl that I used to be, but me. I would sacrifice anything for him, as he would for me.

The bus finally arrived at the school, and I raced out, for I had no umbrella.

I spotted Hobi waiting for the doors to open.

"Hobi! Hobi!" I yelled.

He looked at me, and his face lit up.

I ran until I was beside him. "Good morning, Hobi!"

"Good morning!" His voice was like it always was. "I'm usually the one to greet you.~"

"Not today," I said, giving him a wink. "When's the science assessment again?"

"Next Monday," he answered. "Wanna study for the week?"

"Yeah. After we could go to the park by my house."

"Okay!"

The doors were opened by the principal, Mr.Kim. He let us call him by his first name, Namjoon, though.

Hoseok smiled at me, and we held hands, ignoring the other students who stared at us or shouted "Love Goals!"

~.~

"Kim Jinyeong!"

I looked up. It was Miss Ryota.

"Y-yes?" I grumbled, sleepily.

"Wake up so you can bring your grades up from the depths of Hell, alright?" she warned.

The class laughed, and my face flushed a deep red.

"Sorry..." I apologized, and frantically brought my notebook out to jot down the information.

"Anyways," she continued. "Let's continue."

It was history class, and I didn't even know what we were learning. I was still exhausted from staying up last night because of the constant banging outside, from who knows what. It went on for hours, and I received little sleep because of it.

Looking out the window, I daydreamed about the end of the day, where I would go home, ignore my parents, and sleep for the rest of the evening. Nothing mattered except it. Not even food.

The bell rang a few minutes later. I was about to get up and get out like the others, when Miss Ryota called my name again.

Hesitantly, I walked up to her.

"I wasn't kidding, you know," she said. "The last exam got you only a 63% and the minimum is 75."

"I know..."

"Did you tell your parents?"

"Yes." Of course that was a lie. They would scold me for days, and disown me after. Instead, I threw it in the bottom of the recycling bin.

"Okay," she continued. "You are dismissed."

"Thank you."

I rushed out of class, with those stupid tears welling up in my eyes.

"She's crying again."

"Drama Queen."

"I hope she dies."

~.~

A pleasing note to end on, am I right? 😂 but u gotta love some drama .u.
Comment any suggestions or just feedback oMG HOUSE OF CARDs IS ON SAVE Me SAVE ME UH OHHHhH I'm DED OKAY BYYyYYYEEe