10 - Suspended

All night, I tossed and turned. I couldn't stand it, and began crying into my pillow.

Why was I being so pathetic around Hobi? Did I love him? No, that couldn't be.

...Right?

He was just a friend, of course. Sure, he was smart, kind, and handsome, but that didn't make me immediately fall in love with him?

Let's say I did like-like him. I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship? What if he doesn't like me back? Then what would happen?

Ugh, I needed to control these hormones.

~.~

The next day I went to school, as usual. Everything was normal. Even Hobi. But not me.

I was still overthinking my feelings, but, eventually, I chose to ignore them. Hobi was normal, so I could be, too.

It was lunch, and we walked to the cafeteria, hand in hand, like friends.

We sat down at the table, and ate our food. That day, I had mangoes, green rice, and a special kind of chicken from an expensive store that Appa bought for me.

I guess that was one of the perks of being born into a rich, snobby family.

"What class do you have next?" Hobi asked me.

"Umm.." I checked my mental schedule. "I think.... gym." I cursed in my head.

"I swear to God, if Sseong-Eun does anyth-"

"Heard my name. Who said it?"

We turned around to see the boy himself, this time with Yoongi. His hands were jammed in his pockets, and a disgusting smirk was plastered on his face.

"Why are you picking on us? Low self-esteem?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Actually, no." He scowled at me. "Just wanted to find out why your boyfriend here said my name." He looked at Hobi. "Care to explain?"

"Care to receive another jab in the nose?" He threatened.

"Hoseok, don't," I warned.

"Why not listen to your girly friend?" Sseong-Eun said.

Hobi flushed red.

The jerk laughed. "It's true. He's embarrassed to tell the truth." He leaned in close to Hobi. "And why didn't you care when she was flirting with me?"

Neither one of us spoke.

"Jiyeong," Sseong-Eun said. "Come kiss me if you love me, then."

"Wh-what?" I was baffled.

He grabbed my wrist, making me stand up. He pulled me closer, and....

His lips were forced into mine, moving around and all.

I tried to pull back, but his free hand was shoved in my hair, and kept me there.

"Stop it," Hobi growled.

I could feel him smirking on my lips. He pinned me against the wall, and when I yelped, he let me go.

With all the anger, I couldn't help myself but punch him in the face.

"Wh-what?" He sputtered, on the ground.

I towered over him. "Never touch me again."

He nodded quickly, and scrambled away, Yoongi following quickly.

"That'll show hi-"

"Kim Jiyeong!"

I spun around to see Kim Namjoon in the entrance, a few feet away.

"Damnit," I mumbled, and walked up to him.

I looked back, to see Hobi's eyes were pained.

What was I thinking?

~.~

I sat in the principal's office with my parents and Namjoon.

"Jiyeong," he said. "Why did you punch Sseong-Eun. He may not be a perfect person, but-"

"He slammed me against the wall, and kissed me without my permission!" I shouted.

My mum elbowed me gently, and I hung my head in shame obediently.

"Is this true?" He asked again.

I nodded.

"Bring the boy in."

Sseong-Eun was shoved in by another staff.

"Hey, watch it!" He yelled, and looked at me. I couldn't tell what his eyes were telling me.

"Sseong-Eun, show some respect," Kim Namjoon said firmly. "Did you or did you not kiss Jiyeong without her permission?"

His eyes widened. "What? Why would I kiss her?"

Namjoon looked back at me. "Yes, why?"

"He called Hoseok my boyfriend, and tried to make him angry by making out with me!"

"Calm down, Jiyeong," my dad said.

"How can I?" I spat. "This... this monster almost did something to me without my consent!"

"No I didn't!"

"Oh Lord, why would I lie?" I desperately looked at the three adults in the room. "I don't want to have a bad reputation! I'm already failing classes!"

"What?" My parents yelled in unison.

"Everyone!" Namjoon was given his attention. "You will be suspended. The two of you. For a week. It will be cancelled if I find an answer to what has happened."

My jaw dropped, but we both nodded.

I had to accept this.

~.~

Hobi ran to me after school.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Suspended." I looked at him with tears welling.

He groaned. "They don't know what they're talking about."

"But they have power." Water went down my cheeks.

He sighed. "Don't get that dirty water on your face, Jiyeong." He wiped it. "Let's go home."

Without a word, I obeyed.

~.~

Wow, lots have happened. :0

That took a long time to write. Imma take a break, but I will cya later!

Byyyyeeeee!