Saying goodbye

3 days later
Today is the memorial service for Erin I haven't been able to cope with everything thats going on. I am a father but I also lost the love of my life all in the same day. Today is gonna be a hard day luckily Kim and Adam offered to watch the boys at the service so that I don't have to worry about them for a few hours.

I decided to put them both in little tuxedos that matched then I got dressed in just a nice outfit since I'm not the type to be in a tuxedo. I went and showered while the boys were sleeping then I got them dressed. It's hard doing this single dad thing with two kids.

At the church
Today we are here to celebrate the life of Erin Lindsey. She was a girlfriend , daughter, friend, coworker, and mother. I knew Erin for a couple years and she was the bravest person I have ever met. She loved her family very much. When we first met she told me all about jay. I knew from that moment that she would marry this guy. The pastor gave a short speech then hank decided that he would say a few things.

Erin Lindsay was my daughter we may not be blood but when she was 15 she came to live with my wife and our family. She was a handful when she first came but as she grew up over the years I have been incredibly proud of her. She followed into the same steps as I did. My son Justin who unfortunately wasn't able to be here today was extremely close to Erin. They weren't just siblings but they were best friends. My wife Camille was the perfect mother to Erin, I am heartbroken that we lost Erin as such a young age but I'm glad she is with my wife in heaven. And Jay halstead the one person she may of loved more than me. She wrote a letter in case anything ever happened to her when she was on the job she didn't want you to find it so she gave it to me. I haven't read but I would like to give it to you. But she had written her vows for the wedding and they are beautiful. Here are her vows to the one she loves.
Jay halstead,
The one man that I have been able to love with all my heart. Jay when we first met I knew that there was something between us. When I first saw those blue eyes I fell in love with you. I love you and I can't wait to have our own little family. The twins are the best thing in the world. Jay you are the sexiest man alive and I wake up everyday asking myself how on earth did I get so lucky to call you mine. I love you until the day I die.
Jay whenever you miss Erin there is one thing to remember and that is she gave you two little boys who will remind you of her everyday. It's gonna be hard at first but you'll make it through this loss. The whole team is here for you and your kids.

And now Jay will say some words.

Thank you all for coming today, she would hate this. She hated being the center of attention. She was the love of my life an the mother to the two most handsome boys. She will be greatly missed but her legacy will live through myself and the boys and the whole intelligence unit. I fell in love with her the first time I met her. I will miss her dearly but today is not a day to be sad it's a day to celebrate the life of Erin.

Now we will close the ceremony out with a short time of silence to remember Erin. The pastor said

During the time of silence they played a song. It was the one song that fits this moment perfectly.

It's been a long day without you my friend
And I'll tell you about it again
When I see you again...
I know we loved to hit the road and laugh but something told me that it wouldn't last...
Everything I went through you were standing here by my side and now you gonna be with me for the last ride
It's been a long day without you my friend, and I'll
Tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began

After the moment of silence everyone exited the church and went their separate ways except for jay and the team they all headed to the cemetery. To lay Erin to rest. After they laid Erin to rest the whole team headed over to the closest park. They all gathered around as a team and remembered all the good things about Erin they shared stories about her of course hank and Alvin had the best since they are the ones who knew her the longest.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Later that day

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but now it's time to get you little guys to bed. Jay said. The boys just looked at jay and didn't say anything since they are only a few days old.

Once jay got them to bed he went into the living room and made a bed on the floor since he still couldn't sleep in his own bed knowing that she wasn't there. He had also taken all of his clothes out the closest and put them in the boys room. He couldn't go into his bedroom, he couldn't bare to look any pictures or things that remind him of what he didn't have anymore.

He knew that he would have to move back into his bedroom one day but right now wasn't the time. He needed time to heal and figure out how to move on with his life.