Flashbacks

Once he got them to sleep he went into the living an turned the tv on to find something to watch while they both slept. As he was looking for something to watching he got a text message from Will his brother saying Jay a bunch of the guys are going to a black hawks game tonight and we have another ticket for you if wanna come.? Jay sat there thinking about if he actually wanted to go since the last time he was at a black hawks game he went with Erin.

***flashback***
Erin hurry up we're going to be late! I don't wanna miss anything! Jay said

Jay you aren't going to miss much if we are a few minutes late. Erin replied 

Erin, if we are late we are going to miss the face off which is one of the best parts of the game. How much longer are you going to be exactly? You've been getting ready for the past  hour. Jay said

I've been ready for the past few minutes I've just been doing last minute touch ups. Erin. replied

Are you serious? Come on we gotta go know if we leave now we will make it just in time for the face off. Jay said

Ok I'm coming. It does take some time to look this good you know. Erin replied

DAMN Erin you look gorgeous! Jay said

They made their way to the truck and they headed towards the Blackhawks stadium. They got their early since Jay was speeding the whole way their. When they arrived they parked the truck then they headed inside to find the rest of the group. They found the rest of the group in the suite that Hank had reserved for them. 

Hey guys look has showed up the famous intelligence couple Jay Halstead and Erin Lindsay. Antonio said

Hey it's not my fault we got here so late someone took an hour to get ready. Jay said

Jay, we are here on time and you get to see the face off now stop complaining. Erin said

***End Flashback***

Jay texted Will back saying 

Hey Will, sorry I don't think I'll be joining you this time. I just put the boys to sleep and I could use some alone time right now. Maybe next time. 

Jay, you need to start going to the places that you and Erin went to together . You can't just avoid them for the rest of your life, but I understand. 

Will I'm not avoiding them I'm just ready to go to some of the special places we went together. I've been to the district since she died, which is probably the hardest place to be without her. The boys need me more an I wanna spend as much time with them as I can even if that means just being in the next room when they are sleeping. I promise I'll go to a game with you sometime during the season.

After texting Will, Jay decided to watch some sports so he turned it to the black hawks game. They were winning 1-0 it was near the  end of the period. During the intermissions there were usually commercials or Ad that went on which would be the perfect time to order some food since I was starving. 

AT BlackHawks stadium

Hey Will is Jay coming to the game or not? Adam asked

No, he said he isn't ready to come here yet since the last time that he was here was with Erin. Will said

So, he doesn't know what is happening between the 2nd and 3rd period? Antonio asked

Has no clue, I wish he was here because he should be here with the boys. Will said

Will, at least tell him to turn the game on so that he can see it an tell him to have the boys with him. When he watches it. I think Voight might be going over to be with him too. Antonio said

I think he was already going to watch the game but I'll tell him. Will said

Will sent Jay one last text about 10 minutes before the end of the period. Jay turn the game on at least an watch so that you will stop watching those romance movies you've been watching and get the boys to watch as well. 

I'm already watching the game but why do I need to wake the boys up it isn't like they will know what is happening. Jay replied

Just do it trust me. Will said 

BACK AT JAY'S HOUSE

I went an woke the boys up just before the end of the 2nd period and when I had just sat down someone was knocking on the door. I was confused since I don't remember having plans with anyone. When I got to the door Hank was there.

Hank what are you doing here? Did we have plans or something? Jay asked

No, we didn't I thought I'd stop by and see my grandsons if that is alright? he asked

Yea, come in. We were just watching the Blackhawks game. if you want to join us. Jay said

They all went into the living room to watch the end of the 2nd period of the game. When it ended Jay was about to get up to order them some food when he heard the announcer say that tonight instead of doing some fun things they were going to be honoring one of Chicago's best detectives which is right when jay just sat back down. 

Recently the city of Chicago lost one of the best detectives Erin Lindsay was a daughter to Sargent Hank Voight, She was a wife to Detective Jay Halstead, A mother to two incredible sons. She was taken way too soon but she has impacted so many people in the community. She loved going to all of Chicago's sporting events her favorites were the cubs and the Blackhawks which is why both organizations have decided to give her family lifetime tickets to their games an personalized jerseys an they have also given her a jersey. Although we have word that her husband is not here tonight we hope that he is watching and we want him to know that we are sorry for his loss but we know that Erin was an incredible person by everyone she impacted. 

While watching the dedication to Erin Jay just sat their crying but the boys recognized the picture of Erin on the tv and they both said their first words. MAMAMA MAMA. Jay just looked at them with excitement an cried both Hank and Jay were so happy that they knew who Erin was but they were sad that they wouldn't be able to meet her.

WOW its been a while since I've written anything but I was in a mood to write something so I did hope you enjoyed it!