1. Monroe x pregnant!reader • the reveal

Pxreblxxd

You took a breath as you walked to Monroe's door, tiny object clutched in your hand as the rain pelted your skin. You knocked on the door three quick times, trepidation staring you thickly in the face. You saw his figure look through the bright tainted glass and swallowed but somehow a little excitement sprinkled itself within your cells.

You saw the door open, there's no turning back now. The realization sat in his eyes as familiarity struck. "(Y/n)." He gaped, reaching for your wrist and pulling you into the heat of the house. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" He breathed out as he got a blanket and threw it over your shivering shoulders that might not only be shivering from the cold.

"Monroe." You spoke with a smile that faltered, afraid of his reaction but excited to be revealing it to him. "I.. " you sighed. "I don't know how to do this.." you wiped your wet hair from your forehead more out of anxiety then anything else.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" His concerned voice calmed your nerves a bit.

"I.. nothing's wrong Monroe. I, we.. " you shook your head at your own inability to form sentences. "I'm just going to say it. We're pregnant Monroe."

Everything went dead silent for a few seconds, not a single emotion passing over his face.

His face mirrored shock and then something verging on horror but then his eyes lit up as a smile played on his lips. "Are you sure." He almost whispered.

You nodded biting your lip and held the test you were still clutching in your hand out to him, he stared at it for a moment, test in your hand and yours in his, warmth seeping from his to your weather ridden skin. "I don't know what I'm looking at" Monroe chuckled slightly with the most adorable I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing face.

You giggled. "It says pregnant, I did more than one"

A smile spread freely over his face, reaching his eyes. "We're going to have a baby" you smiled at the words."we're going to have a baby" he said more enthusiastically.

"I know" you chuckled lightly.

"We're going to have a baby" he whisper yelled, pulling you into an embrace, not caring that you were still wet from the weather. You fisted his shirt in the front and closed your eyes momentarily, feeling the warmth that you were sure was not only from the temperature but something more you hadn't felt before.