Penance

Artemis' POV

"YOU WILL PAY!" I heard my father thunder, his face as red as can be. "Father-" I tried to say. He put his hand up, signaling he wants silence. He looks at me, hard.

"You and your brother abandoned your posts, did you not?" he asked, anger obvious in his expression. I looked down, unable to meet his gaze. I glanced off to my left, to my brother.

Apollo had a black eye and some cuts, things gods don't normally get. But, then again, the one who beat him wasn't a normal god. Zeus was furious, thunder clouds raging above his throne.

"Yes, Father," I answered, my voice barely above a whisper. However, it was high enough for him to hear. "Just because you're my favorite, doesn't mean you don't get punished either." That statement was met with shouts of anger from Apollo, Ares, and Hepathesus. Signaling for silence once more, he took a deep breath before continuing.

"As punishment for abandoning your post," he said, a glint of satisfaction in his eyes, "you will spend a whole decade on Earth." Well, I mused. Won't be too bad. I practically live there already.

"-mis! Artemis!" I heard my dad shout, bringing me back to the world of the living. I looked at him and said, "Sorry, what?" Hearing some snickers from Ares, I shot him in the knee with my bow. After crying like a baby for a minute or two, he calmed down enough for my father to continue.

"While there," he continued, "you will be condemned to mortality." Before I could argue, he spoke louder, "you will have no contact with Olympians besides Apollo, and will be without your Hunters. Plus," he said, my anger clear as day, "you will be forced to age along with whatever age you decide to be."

"Finally, you will have NO recognizable features besides one of your choosing." After deep breathing for two minutes, I decided to have my eyes stay the same color. With a smug grin on his face, he waved his hand, and I was officially banished from Olympus for a decade. With Apollo.

It could be worse. I could be stuck in Tartarus for the same time span. Plus, I thought, what's the worst situation I could be in?

Suddenly, I heard a loud and disruptive ringing, similar to a school bell. I looked around to see white walls, red lockers, and many classroom plaques strewn across the walls. Before I could regain my senses, I saw multitudes of young adults, both male and female, walking to other classes.

Through the crowds, I saw a familiar head of black hair. Before I could approach it, someone grabbed my arm. "Hey there sweetcheeks," I heard some male whisper into my ears. "Where did you come from?"

He suddenly let go and gasped for air. Getting elbowed in the gut does that to a boy. I turned and gave him my patented Death Stare®, which sent him off into the crowd to gods know where.

I turned back around, and realized there was a loose ring of males around me. They all looked at me with anger, along with a little lust. Boys, I thought disdainfully. You make an example out of one, yet the others never learn.

Before anything happened though, I heard an all-too-familiar voice shout, "What's going on here fellas?" I turn towards the speaker, and see a pair of sea green eyes stare back. "Guys, c'mon! What did I tell y'all about messing with people?" he asked, a smirk growing on his face.

"I've told you before," he said looking every one of them in the eyes, "I don't like bullies. And you know what happens to people I don't like."

"S-stay out of this!" one of them shouted, fear evident in his voice. Giving him a smirk that made even me shudder, he proceeded to walk up to the one who spoke and punch him in the gut. "Stay away from her," I heard him snarl. That was enough to scare off everyone else, and disperse the little crowd that formed around the confrontation.

He walked over to me, presumably to ask if I was okay. Then, he locked eyes with me. He stared long and hard, then walked over and hugged me. He pulled away, looked me over again, and asked, "Lady Artemis, why are you in this form?"

"I don't know what I look like," I muttered, getting a little upset. "I've been kicked out of the Olympian Council for a decade and -wait how do you know I'm Artemis?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "For all you know, I could be Annabeth"

He laughed quietly, hurt in his eyes, and responded before I could question it. "Your eyes. They're dead giveaways. But otherwise, I'd have no idea." I sighed, hoping it wasn't too bad. "Do you know where I can find a mirror?" He gave me a little smirk and offered his elbow. "Right this way, m'lady," he said in a terrible French accent.

I groaned, regretting having asked him for help, but intertwined my elbow with his anyways. He seemed a little surprised, but quickly regained his composure and walked me to a bathroom. "I'll be out here if you need anything," he said, sitting on the wall between the male and female facilities.

After walking into the bathroom and looking into the mirror, I took so long looking at myself before I made sure. I now had blonde hair with a streak of silver in it. My eyes were closer together, my mouth was smaller, and my nose and eyes shrunk a tiny bit. I felt heavier in the front and bigger behind. I swear to the gods Aphrodite had something to do with this, I thought angrily, making my eyebrows crease in a constipated looking way.

After finally getting over what I looked like now, I walked outside to spot Percy, right where he was before. He smiled at me, which did something weird to my heart. "Do you know where to go?" he asked, noticing I looked confused. I shook my head absentmindedly, and he took my hand. I snarled and retracted at the contact. "I might be mortal now, but I am still Artemis. Don't touch me." I growled, giving him a hard look.

He smirked and laughed again, clearly not worried. "Come on then," he said, waving his hand. "Let's go to the main office to get you a schedule." I cursed at him in Greek, but walked behind him to the 'main office,' whatever that was.

Di immortales, I thought angrily, this is going to be pure torture for me.