Jealousy

Annabeth's POV

A mere two hours after Percy returned and explained his 'death', I sat in my bunk, crying and holding my knees.

Why now? I asked, trying to stop the tears flowing from my eyes. Why does he come back now of all times?

Flashback

Percy's dead. That much was certain at the time. We all saw his body, we all burned his shroud, and we all heard how he died. But not many of us believed it, especially his long-time acquaintances.

After all the insane stuff he's survived, I thought sadly. There's no way something as normal as falling off a cliff would be his undoing.

Thinking back on it, we probably should've checked for a heart.

A week before Percy returned after his "death", I was still in a somewhat smaller stage of mourning. Thankfully I had my friends, but my boyfriend was nowhere to be seen after I told him. That deadbeat, I thought angrily, finally realizing he abandoned me.

I called him earlier, but as usual, I was sent to voice mail. This time though, I decided to leave him a message and let him know we were over. Tears falling, I hung up and flopped down on my bed, trying not to let the dreams take over.

Someone walked in. Thinking it was a cabin mate, I let them enter without a second thought. I quickly learned to regret that decision.

I felt someone grab my wrist, and before I could scream, I was teleported to somewhere new. I managed to free myself from the grip of my kidnapper, but now I was stuck in an unknown area with no map or directions.

"Who are you?" I asked angrily. "Why did you bring me here?" When I tried identifying the person, I realized they wore a hood that shadowed most of the person's face. There weren't any identifiable female parts, so I assumed it was a guy.

Refusing to answer, the man waved his hand across the horizon and asked, "Beautiful, isn't it?" I turned to where he was waving and gasped, the sight in front of me beautiful beyond comparison.

I was standing on a white beach, the sea blue waves lapping gently onto the shore. There were palm trees swaying gently in the breeze, as well as some tufts of grass leading into a nearby forest. What confused me, however, was the dining table sitting in the middle of it all.

It was a mahogany brown table set, complete with eight chairs and even some wooden plates. The utensils were Celestial Bronze, and the polished plates had Stygian Iron rims.

"I brought you here because of it's importance to your lover." the man said, trying not to let loose a chuckle. Before I could respond, he asked, "Percy Jackson was trapped her for months, Ms. Chase. Do you really believe that he stayed loyal to you? Especially with someone like her sharing the same island?"

He gestured off to our left-the forest-and my heart stopped at what I saw.

A girl was walking out into the clearing carrying a bundle of sticks. She was as pale as milk, and her dark eyes were almond-shaped. She had long, straight, cinnamon-toast colored hair, and pouty lips. However, what unnerved me the most was her figure.

I always thought of myself almost rectangular, too flat in my chest or my rear end. This girl, however, was curvy in all of the right places. Her chest wasn't too big or too small and neither was her rear end.