Schist, Again

Percy's POV

I was dying. That was obvious enough. I knew that walking away from the arena. I knew that when I dragged Thalia's spear through my chest to smack her with Riptide.

I knew that the day I left camp.

Why does this always happen to me? I asked myself bitterly. Every damn time I have something good going I screw it up. These were my thoughts as I sunk to the sea floor, losing all of my senses. Finally, I blacked out.

I opened my eyes to a very depressing sight again. I keep having nightmares, which is rare for demigods, but this one in particular haunts me. I saw myself sitting at the beach, humming softly and swaying my head contently, patiently waiting for a daughter of Athena to show up like I asked her to.

Fast forward to long past sunset; still no Annabeth. At this point, I was disappointed and sad. Maybe a little upset, but mostly sad. Suddenly, I see her stumble out of the bramble in front of the beach, making Past Percy jerk his head towards the sound. He got up and met her in the middle, starting a conversation I couldn't actually hear.

Thankfully, I knew the convo word for word, so I skipped ahead to Athena's cabin, where Past Percy was currently ripping the door off it's hinges. One mattress flip later, I was back outside with Annabeth, discussing her disappearance at camp that day.

And just like back then, I saw myself reach into her back pocket, swipe her phone, and bolt towards the forest. Not really caring who saw, I plopped down behind a tree and, as expected, open it to those gods awful texts that shattered my world.

I could almost feel the tears fall again, before I slammed Annabeth into the tree, throwing her the ring I bought for her.

"Well, that looks like it sucked," I heard someone say behind me. Despite how unfamiliar the voice was, I turned to face him. "Hypnos," I growled, finally face to face with my torturer. "Why do you keep showing me these god awful memories?"

He tilted his head quizically, before realizing what I was insinuating and chuckling softly. The laughter only grew every time he saw my expression. When he finally cleaned his eyes, he looked at me and said, "I don't make you do or see anything in your sleep. I show you what you want to see, whether subconsciously or not."

I paused and paled, finally realizing what he was saying. "You don't mean I-" he waved me off before I could finish. "Oh please. You wish you could stop thinking about her so much." He grinned, then got serious and leaned in.

"Listen Poseidon spawn," I cringed involuntarily at his tone. He smirked then said, "don't hold on to the past." His tone deadly serious now, he continued, "No matter what you did or didn't do, it's happened. It's in the history books already. There's no getting rid of the people, but you can stop with the memories." I smiled, finally glad someone is saying what I've waited to hear all of this time.

"Thanks Hypnos," I said, offering my hand. He shook his head and said, "The honor's mine, Savior." I groaned. Obviously, I hadn't lost that gods awful nickname yet. "Alright, well, I should get going." I heard him mutter before vanishing.

And then I woke up.

When I first opened my eyes, all I saw was blue, which meant either I was underwater or in the Big House infirmary.

Probably the infirmary.

I groaned and tried sitting up. Almost immediately I was pushed back down by a now familiar set of worried silver eyes. I smiled weakly, trying desperately to calm her down.

Instead, I'm pretty sure I made it worse, especially when I fell back asleep right after. Drifting back into Hypnos' realm, I thought of a different memory.

The memory of the day Artemis arrived in my life. Well, again.

I was headed to my morning classes, not really worrying about monsters for once, when I heard this huge commotion going on behind me.

I turned and saw a silver eyed young woman elbowing some dude in the gut. I hesitate at first, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'm looking at Artemis by the way she gets herself ready for a fight.

Then I saw the ring of perverts around her. And their leader, the dude who got elbowed, was none other than Dylan. Dylan the ourae, to be more precise.

Or venti, if you're Roman.

Anyways, I decided this was the moment for me to step in. "What's going on here fellas?" I asked, stepping into everyone's view. I looked at the young woman once more and confirmed my thoughts of it being Artemis.

"Guys, c'mon! What did I tell y'all about messing with people?" I asked, a smirk growing on my face once more.

"I've told you before," I answered, looking every one of them in the eyes, "I don't like bullies. And you know what happens to people I don't like." I heard Cole, Dylan's second-in-command stammer, "S-stay out of this!"

Giving him a smirk that could have made even Artemis shudder, I menacingly walked up to Cole and punched him in the gut. "Stay away from her," I snarled. Unfortunately, that was enough to scare off everyone else, and disperse the little crowd that formed around the confrontation.

Before he left, I saw Dylan snarl at me, obviously displeased that I ruined his fun. Then he ran like the wind to Zeus knows where.

Really. Zeus knows. I should probably ask him where that troublesome ourae went.

I finally walked over to Arty, trying to make sure she was okay. When I finally caught sight of her, I stared long and hard into her silver eyes. Then, abandoning all rational thoughts, I walked over and hugged me. I felt her tense up, then relax a little, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yes, that was an extremely cliche way to say I liked her.

She opened her mouth to say something, but instead I heard Chiron's voice say, "Perseus, wake up."

I jerked my head up so quickly, I ended up headbutting the old centaur right in the nose. While he rubbed his nose and I rubbed my head, I heard that all-too-familiar chuckle of my college roommate.

"Hey Arty," I muttered, rubbing my sore head. "Glad to know you care about my health," I said sarcastically, earning myself a glare.

"Did you say Arty?" Chiron asked, looking at Artemis like she was crazy. I then pinched the bridge of my nose, remembering why she didn't look like Artemis normally did. "Yeah Chrion. Artemis, Chiron. Chiron," I said, gesturing to the blonde with a silver streak, "this is Artemis, goddess of the Hunt and Moon."

"Damn it Percy," she muttered angrily, "I wanted it to be a surprise!" I chuckled softly and said, "I forgot" in response. "You should probably tell him why you look like that before you forget." She sighed and went into her explanation, with me interrupting to fill in important details.

Like how she drools more than I do in her sleep.

However, unbeknownst to me, a grey eyed girl was listening in to our conversation, with her signature magic item on.

She proved to be my biggest obstacle in the near future.

HI GUYS! Dear gods, I'm obsessed with this app again!

Anyways, wOAH! Three updated in three days!? That's insane!

No. What's insane is that you people like my writing. And that I somehow have over 7 HUNDRED READS!

Seriously though, thanks so much for liking the book as much as you do. I don't see myself as a good author, so getting the positive feedback is heartwarming.

And confusing.

Update No. 4 will be either tomorrow or Thursday, so look out for those.

And before I go, LUUUUCIO BAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

BYE! *Oasis giggle*