What Now?

Important message at the end, so stick around!

Nico's POV

*slap* "What the Hades Di Angelo!?"

*record scratch* *freeze frame* Yep. That's me. Your probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

Well, there's a perfectly logical explanation.

I was sitting in my cabin, looking up at the roof. I was thinking of where Annabeth went when I got an Iris Message. Sighing, I stood up and said, "I accept your call...guy? Show me...whatever it is you want to show me."

It froze for a second, like Iris didn't like how I phrased my response. "Please" I added quickly. Seemingly satisfied, she proceeded to show me something that shook me to my core.

It was my father. Hades, God of the Underworld

And he was dying.

Ichor seeped though his tattered clothes, scaring me beyond anything else that had happened.

Monsters? Breakfast.

Titans? No sweat

Dad bleeding out? *dry barfs*

*wipes mouth* Anyways, I was worried, as any normal son would be. I called to him, but he didn't seem to hear me or recognize my voice.

Realizing what I had to do, I closed my eyes and stepped through one of the many shadows in my cabin. Suddenly, I was in my dad's throne room.

Then I realized he was here too.

Coughing up ichor, Hades managed to say, "Annabeth freed Tartarus. Beat me down. Fading. Love you son...." Despite my tears and protests, my father was fading before my very eyes.

And I couldn't do a damn thing about it. Well, not yet anyways.

I shadow traveled to Olympus, my blood boiling at what I had just been told. I practically kicked the door off it's hinges, earning myself gasps of surprise. "Who do you think you-" Zeus thundered, only to be stopped by me.

"HADES IS FADING!" I shouted, not caring if I cried or not. Soon enough, I was on my knees, bawling my eyes out at the thought of losing my father. The council just sat there, some shocked at the news, others uncomfortable because of my outburst.

Surprisingly, I felt someone walk up to me and give me a hug. Looking past my tears, I saw electric blue eyes and spiky black hair. "T-Thalia" I stammered, trying not to blush. "Y-you need to go. You can't be here."

"I have to be here, Death Boy," she said under her breath. I decided to keep quiet for a little longer, trying desperately to try and keep her in an embrace to calm down. "I need to be here for my cousin."

She picked up my chin and wiped my eyes. She smiled weakly, then said, "Now, what's wrong Nico?" Burying my fave in her shoulder, I kept quiet.

After a moment, Artemis came up to her and whispered something to her. Probably told her what I said, given her reaction. She hugged me tighter and whispered "It'll be okay" to me repeatedly.

Suddenly, Zeus seemingly regaining his composure, pointed at me and asked, "What did your father tell you Di Angelo?" Through my tears, I managed to recount the entirety of the encounter, beginning with the strange Iris message.

When I got to the part where I saw my father fading, I saw Poseidon and Zeus tear up a little, which confused me. As if reading my thoughts, they both looked up at me and scowled, tears seeping from their eyes.

"Just because we argue a lot," Zeus stated, anger flickering to life in his eyes, "doesn't mean we don't care about our family." "It still hurts to lose family," Poseidon added before bawling again.