Another School Day

(Via)

I was walking to school again, aware of that stranger boy.

He has some issues.

His appearance was even sketchy. I almost never saw his eyes. They were always hidden by black bangs. He had this pale soft skin and it looked like he'd never seen daylight.

I made it to school safely, and my heart jumped when I found more posters.

Picture of my dad, and words like

FREAK

INSANE

DEMON

I could just... fight her and more! Miranda was trying way too hard to make my life so inconvenient. 

I turned my body around and my eyes found three people looking at the posters.

One was Vlend. He is an idiot and he better realize that.

Another was one of the girls in Miranda's group.

And that stranger boy was ripping them apart.

I bit my lip and swiftly walked up to the girl.

"I have a question for you."

She turned from the poster and her eyes widened. I couldn't tell if he was scared or annoyed.

She tried to walk away, but I grabbed her wrist.

"What's up with Miranda?"

She looked at me in fear. "Nothing!" She looked somewhere behind me. I turned around and...

I scanned the halls and spotted her bleach-blond hair and rosy cheeks, and I made my way over to Miranda.

She turned before she even saw me. She grinned like she knows something.

Why?

"Oh Via! Im glad your here. I have some news."

She got close to me, inches away from my face.

"Devin's back."

My stomach dropped. I tried to speak, but my words would barely roll off my tongue.

My eyes went dry and I swear they rolled into my head but Miranda seemed normal before my vision was black.

I forced my eyes open to a hazy forest. Dad must have teleported me here.

I found myself on my knees and my head hung downwards. I glanced up to see the blank faced monster I call dad.

He stalked over to me and held my hand gently, helping me stand.

I met his face, having mixed emotions about telling him about Devin.

Here's a little background info on this guy-- he's crazy mad. He's dangerous. He's been trying to get me to join him in his dimension so I can't use my powers anymore. I can't tell if he wants me to convert so we can be friends or if he wants me trapped forever. 

I bit my tongue. "Remember Devin?"

Dads eyebrows narrowed upwards into a disappointed sigh and he exhaled deeply. "Oh. He's back, isn't he?"

I chuckled. "Maybe. But I've grown stronger since middle school."

Devin got expelled during middle school. He's sneaking into my high school life now.

-after  school-

I went to my favorite tree in the forest behind my house when I returned home. The one I used to play on when I was little. It was huge.

I closed my eyes.

 I'd be sleeping under the stars tonight.

(Slenderman)

I was walking through the wood trying to find Via. But then I saw her tree. I looked up and sighed, continuing my path.

Crunch.

My ears fill with a stick snapping in half. I look back.

A girl with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes was smiling mischievously. I saw her reach into her back pocket while stepping forwards, crunching more leaves and sticks under her designer heels.

Via's head jerked upwards, her eye sockets widening. It seems like she recognized this girl, and I then did as well. The girl who attacked her yesterday.

She was sleeping and when she woke up and her worst enemy is there, I expect the worse.

She turned into a horrid sight for most humans to see. Her cheeks faded dark gray and she narrowed his eyebrows into an expression of pure hatred, snake-like black tongs ripping from the pale skin on her back, spreading out in all directions.

The girls expression when from snarky to fear. She pulled the item from her pocket. A camera.

She took a photo.

She disconnected.