Back at home.

(Via)

Me, Ashlyn, and Jude sat at a picnic table on a bright Saturday. We had become something of a "friend" group. I really just needed to know more about Miranda and what this boys intentions were. 

Ashlyn bit into a piece of watermelon and Jude was doodling in a journal. 

I shuffled awkwardly as I carved a 'V' into the table with a dagger. I swallowed, knowing this question might be heavy. "Do you guys have any idea why Miranda hates us?"

Jude looked at me, then put down his pencil, pushing his bangs into place when he realized I noticed him."Hm... I don't really know. She's always been this way, hasn't she?"

Ashlyn shrugged. "Eh."

I sighed. "She acts like everything is my fault."

"Well..." Jude shrugged. 

"Shut up."

"Kidding."

Ashlyn raised an eyebrow. "Do you guys think... maybe Miranda has some kind of... secret?"

"Why would you think that?" Jude asks. 

"Oh, I don't know..." She laughs and brushes her silky blonde and red hair behind her ears. I look at the two across from the blanket and laugh. They're so cute next to each other. 

He looks at Ashlyn and says, "You're hair.. why? You look like an apple."

"Shut up, I look fine. Oh..." Her eyes light up. "There was a movie playing today... the secondary character reminds me of you, Via! We should see it. Do some normal teen stuff..." 

"Okay, fine." Jude stands up and starts walking towards his nearby house and gets out his car keys. 

"Driving? Dude, I can teleport." I say. 

Jude gives me a guilty look. "We can't pretend to be human teens for just ONE day?"

I feel a pit of guilt in my stomach, and we walk to his house and get in the car. I admit, once we started moving, it felt nice to be in a car, with the wind flying through my hair, and the little vibrations of the car on the highway.

                                                                                             * * *

In the theater, I sat in the way back with Jude and Ashlyn. This one guy with brown spiky hair sat next to me and I guess it was fine since he wasn't bothering me. 

Only 5 minutes into the  movie, the guy leans over and says, "What's up?" 

"Oh, shut up you idiot." I could tell he was flirting. "My dad will kill you."

"Daddy's girl, huh?"

I put a hand on his face and shoved him away. 

"Fine, be that way."

I turn back to the screen, and it was an overall good movie. All of a sudden it gets very heartfelt and there's a sunset over the water, and I can't remember the last time I saw that. 

I feel something warm on top of my hand, and I look over and see Jude staring at me with brown shining eyes. His hand is laced with mine. I immediately panicked. I thought he was... um, cute, yeah but... I didn't know where he came from or what he wanted!

Unfortunately, as a slender girl that the whole school hated, I couldn't remember the last time a guy I knew actually liked me... 

I knew he was thinking that it would be the perfect time, so he leans over to try to kiss me. I quickly move away, blushing rapidly and bright red on my pale cheeks. 

Was I ready for my first kiss? I didn't know. I turned my head away and let him give me a quick peck on the cheek. It was kind of friendly, so I was able to breathe for a second. 

When we walk out of the theater, I see Ashlyn stop by the entrance as the guy flirts with her, and tries to grab a kiss before she leaves, but she walks away too quickly. 

"What's wrong with you?" I laugh as she catches up to me. 

"He's cute. Missed your chance, Via." 

I roll my eyes. Definitely am not missing out on any chances these days 

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for viewing my story! Sorry i haven't worked on it in ages  ^ - ^

Via and Jude X3 on the  tope