9. Broken Pt. II

Just to let you know, the next couple of chapters are going to be short because I really want to finish.

Hopefully I can put out two good short chapters and finish the book up because honestly I'm almost done, but also super tired.

Enjoy👌🏾

Delia was serving in the private study pouring master Bradford a drink as she held the pitcher in her hand

"Are you pregnant?" He asked as he took a sip of his drink

"Yes, I suppose so." She answered quietly

"Hm, and how would you know that?"

"I've been eatin a lot more and I stop bleedin every month and my clothes have gotten a little tighter."

"Well, in that case I can't have anymore mulattos running around here so I want you to get rid of it." He said in an uncaring tone as the words pricked Delia's heart and caused a slight sting in the back of her throat

She didn't want to get rid of her baby, even if it was produced by force, it was still something growing on the inside of her and she felt a deep and genuine connection with her future baby.

"Yessir." She said quietly in a strained voice as the tears slowly trickled down her face

Two days later

Delia was outside in the barn laid out on a table with a bunch of unusual metal tools around her.

She careful looked at each one of them as a man placed each one on the table where she laid.

The man hiked up her dress and spread her legs apart as Delia was struggling to keep her legs open as she wanted to close them

"Should I give her something to ease the pain?" The man asked master Bradford who was sitting down off to the side

"No, she'll be fine."

"Ok." The man sighed as he looked into Delia's frightened eyes and began to insert a metal instrument inside of her

She quickly grabbed the side of the table and began to screech as the pain was becoming unbearable.

She felt like retracting from the pain and jumping off of the table and running, but the man held her steady as she squirmed in pain.

Tears blurred her eyes as everything was beginning to spin and her vision was hazy as this was the most painful thing she's ever experienced in her life.

She felt a sort of a snap or pop on the inside of her, something far more worse than when she lost her virginity, but this pain doesn't even compare to what she thought was painful.

Soon the man retracted the metal tool from the inside of her as it was covered in Delia's blood.

She continued to cry from the pain and even more pain now that the instrument is out of her and she's painfully throbbing down below.

Her hands shook as tears flowed down her face and her body would involuntarily quiver from the pain that she's in.

"She should be all healed up by next week." The man said

"Next week? But I need her for tomorrow, I need for her to tend to the house."

"I'm afraid that if you put her back to work too soon, this whole thing would've been pointless and she'll be back pregnant again in no time." He said as master Bradford looked over at Delia's achy body and heavily sighed

"Fine, but the moment she's healed up, she's going back to work."

"Fair enough." The man said as he began to wipe off the bloody tools and put them back into his bag.