Inhale. Exhale.

Chapter 2 ~ Inhale. Exhale.

Faith.

I woke in an unfamiliar room, it wasn't painted green like the on at the orphanage, so where was I? Memories of the events that took place last night came flooding back to me. I remembered trying to sleep in the alley but being woken by the two drunks who tried to rape me but then the man who's name I can't remember punched one and the other ran away. The nice man then gave me his jacket and offered to take me home, but when I told him I didn't have a home he said I could stay the night with him... that's all I can remember. I must have fell asleep in his car on the way back or something. I looked around the new room, it was nice. A big double bed, grey walls, black wardrobes and drawers, a large mirror and a few electric and acoustic guitars on the far wall. It was far better than the room at the orphanage but I knew I wouldn't be able to stay here forever. I wonder if the people from the orphanage realised I was gone? Were they looking for me? Had anyone seen the way I ran? I hope not because I'm not going back to that place no matter what. I herd muffled noises coming from what seamed to be down the hall. I decided to go check it out but first I needed to find some clothes. I was still just in my undergarments and the mans coat. I made a mental note in my head to give him his coat and got dressed. Once I had my jeans and favourite shirt; it was a Fall Out Boy shirt, on I opened the door and peered down the hallway. There he was, the man from the night before stood with his back to me cooking something that smelt amazing. He then walked out of my sight and moments later the local news theme tune started to play. I stood in the doorway of the room and listened to the presenter as she spoke.

"Our big news today is a seventeen year old girl named Faith has ran away from a local orphanage on James street after being there less than a day."

Oh no.

"Witnesses say they saw a girl who liked like Faith running to the nearest coffee shop and never saw her come out."

They have witnesses... People saw me...

"Faith is pictured on the left of your screen now, if you see her please phone 0800 56700 so we can get her back to the orphanage safely, thank you"

People are out there right now, looking for me. If I go out they'll find me and take me back to the orphanage... I crept along the hallway and once I reached the end I could see the tv screen, another news story was on the the words the presenter had said still rang through my head.

seventeen year old girl named Faith

ran away from a local orphanage

Witnesses

running to the nearest coffee shop

if you see her

back to the orphanage safely

My eyes then settled on the man, he had his back to me again but this was the first time I'd saw him close up and in the light. Somehow I thought he looked familiar but I couldn't know him, surely. I turned and began walking back to the room when I slipped and fell causing a slight thump noise to echo through the house or apartment, I'm not sure yet. He appeared at the end of the hallway with a shocked expression on his face, he rushed over to me and pulled me up.

"I didn't know you were awake, are you okay?" He asked looking at me up and down to make sure I hadn't hurt myself.

"Yeah, and I'm fine thanks" I mumbled.

For the first time I looked up at his face, finally. I then suddenly found it harder and harder to breathe.

Inhale.