Change You Like A Remix

Chapter 3 ~ Change You Like A Remix

Patrick.
As I woke my eyes fell on Faith right away, she was sound asleep on the couch laying next to me. I couldn't remember her being there when I went to sleep so she must've joined me through the night. I carefully unwrapped myself from her grasp and managed to get up and of the couch without waking her. For a moment I found myself standing and studying her face, thinking just how perfect she was... How kissable her lips looked right now... But no, I can't fall for her, she would think I was taking advantage of her. However I would never do such a thing. You just can't help who you fall in love with, right? But surely I can't be falling in love with her already... With those thoughts racing through my head I walked to my bedroom where Faith was suppose to be sleeping. I entered and locked the door behind me, walking straight to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and began taking of the clothes I'd slept in, followed by climbing into the steaming hot shower and letting the water soak my body. I was washing my hair when I herd a faint knocking at my bedroom door, Faith must have woke up and was wondering where I was.

"I'm in the shower Faith, I won't be long" I shouted over the noise of the shower.

"Okie dokie" she yelled back.

I finished up in the shower and shut of the water. Once I was out I wrapped a towel around my waist, dried of my hair and styled it quickly. Once I was somewhat presentable I left the bathroom and unlocked my bedroom door then walked to the living room where I saw Faith watching tv with her back to me.

"What did you want before?" I asked.

"Oh I was just-" she stopped as she turned around and saw me, then her jaw dropped.

I watched her as her eyes traveled around my body and she blushed. I coughed to get her attention.

"I was, uh, just um, wondering where you, uh were" she stuttered.

I laughed at her awkwardness, "okay" I said with a smiled and went to the kitchen to make us some tea. I remembered she had two sugars like me so I made two identical cups of tea, took them into the living room and joined her on the couch.

"Here ya' go" I said handing her a cup.

"Thanks" she mumbled without even looking up, just staring at her lap.

I wanted to ask her what was wrong or why she had came out to sleep with me last night, but she didn't seam to be in the mood for questions so it could always wait. Once I'd finished my tea I quickly got dressed and when I returned we sat and watched tv in silence until a nock at the door scared us, making us both jump in our seats. We laughed at each other promptly before I got up to open the door. When I did I saw a smiling Pete who hugged me briefly before welcoming himself into my apartment. I didn't have to say 'come in pete' or 'welcome pete' because he was my bestfriend, he could almost live here the amount of times he comes round. I shut the door and followed him down the hallway, but he stopped as we reached the end.

"Patrick, who's that? She kinda looks familiar...." He asked, talking about Faith.

"Oh... Long story short, I was walking back to my car when I herd someone shouting for help, turns out two guys were trying to rape her so I punched one and the other ran away. I offered to drive her home but when she said she was homeless I said she could stay here the night. The next day i found out she had ran away from the orphanage just down the street,"

"That's where I seen her! She's been on the news a lot" Pete told me, I nodded.

"I know, she told me why she left and how she doesn't want to go back so I'm not forcing her too"

Pete looked at me funnily.

"So your basically gonna hide her here?"

"Well that's what it looks like, but I honestly don't mind her being here, she's really nice once you get to know her" I said and shot him a smile.