chapter five

mickey wakes up in a sweat and yawns tiredly.
it was still dark.

four o'clock in the morning, and ian was gone. mickey searches under the bleachers for his new friend, but sees him running around the track.

when ian notices mickey was awake, he slows his pace and jogs over to mickey's place under the bleachers. he takes off his earbuds and smiles between his panting.

"hey, man. its such a nice morning," ian tells mickey.

mickey stares at ian in confusion and shock. "what the fuck are you doing? it's in the middle of the fucking night!" mickey exclaims.

ian frowns and sits down next to mickey.
"it's the morning, technically," ian says quietly.

a moment after, mickey starts to laugh quietly to himself, only causing ian to grow into a fit of laughter along with him.

"we look like a couple of fags. beatings all over them," mickey laughs. ian smiles, giggles, and stares at mickey.

he notices how pretty mickey's face was. his eyes twinkled even though there was no light surrounding them at all. his lips were so rosy and a dark shade of pink, while his hair was perfectly messed up.

ian feels a flutter in his chest and he leans over to put his lips on mickey's. ian kisses mickey slowly, and feels mickey shove him hard.

ian jerks back in shock, while mickey gets up in disbelief.

"what the fuck man, i'm not some faggot!" mickey yells at ian's face. ian hugs his knees and frowns in disappointment.

"don't fucking kiss me ever again."

mickey runs both his hands through his hair when he notices how hurt ian's expression became. he gets out of his place under the bleachers, and sits on the lowest seat on it instead.

ian stays sitting on the ground curled up inside of his knees, when he reaches for the bag he brought last night. he hoped mickey didn't notice, as he reaches for the bottle of pills he brought with him.

he couldn't go without his pills; he didn't know what would happen this time. he quietly takes two pills with a chug of a half filled bottle of beer.

"are you going to skip class today?" mickey asks ian after a while. he stands up and takes his place back next to ian on the dirt.

ian shrugs his shoulders and hides the bottle of pills back into the bag. he didn't want mickey to remember what a freak he was after the incident that happened last year.

"i'm skipping, if you wanna come. i don't got anywhere to fuckin' go, but you're welcome to tag along or som shit," mickey offers.

"okay," ian says with a nervous smile.

he slows his breathing to keep his cool, but he couldn't possibly hide the fact that he was excited that mickey still wanted him to tag along – even after that awkward kiss!

they both get up and ian shoves the pills in his backpack, ditching all the beer bottles and blunts they used the night before.

the sunrise is lifting up, and ian glances over to it. he loved to watch the sunrise.

every morning, he'd get up  and take a jog, watching the sunrise. however, there were nights that were different.