chapter ten

"why is he here?" gianna asks terrified.

ian stares, speechless and unable to move. mickey makes his way towards their table, having trouble walking orderly.

"mickey, what are you..." ian's voice trails off.

"mandy told me you were here, with your beard," he laughs. he smelled of weed and alcohol horribly, it made gianna flinch.

"mickey, you're drunk."

"you are a fucking liar!" mickey screams. "you go around... and act like y-you love this bitch? you don't. you love me, and only me! you're gay as fuck, and you're such a fucking dick!" mickey's eyes glowed in red, making him look terrifying.

gianna looks at ian. "what is he saying, monkey?"

ian looks at gianna and back at mickey, unable to speak.

"he knows it's true. we banged the first day we met, and he loved it. i fucking like you, ian. go to hell and n-never come back. take your beard with you."

"are you gay?" gianna says softly, with a tear going down her cheek.

ian looks down ashamed of himself. his whole life, he has been shamed. he was shamed for where he came from, he was shamed for his family, he was shamed for where he lived, and now he's prepared to be shamed for everything he's lied about to gianna.

ian stands up to face mickey, and punches him straight to his lip.

mickey doesn't move, and leans in slowly to ian's ear. "do it again," he whispers. mickey lingers closely by ian's skin, until ian can feel the warmth of alcohol and bud from mickey's breath.

ian remembers where he is and sees the whole restaurant staring at them. police lights come into view and the customers inside begin to panic.

"fuck you both, i thought you loved me, ian," gianna cries. "i gave you everything."

gianna runs out of the restaurant and ian begins to chase her in the cold. mickey grabs ian's hands roughly and pulls it closely into a lock.

mickey runs, dragging ian along with him. they both hurry through the kitchen, and make their way across and out the backdoor. they continue running until they reach mickey's car.

"stop, now!" a yell commands from behind. policemen follow up from behind until it's too late; mickey and ian are already speeding off on the dark road.

ian, trembling, holds the steering wheel with a knot inside of his stomach. he feels a warm tear fall down his cheek, only to quickly wipe it down.

the cold air made it inside the car, trapped, as mickey dusts the snow off his jacket.

ian heard mickey talking, but he couldnt answer. in fact, ian couldnt even hear a thing that was happening. it was as if he was underwater, drowning, yet surviving.

he felt panic in his heart.

panic for all the mistakes he's made. the mistake of dating gianna, of messing with mickey, of pretending to be someone he isnt.

the mistakes like mickey were the ones that got him. mickey is the type of guy to treat you like complete shit, but still want him at the same time. mickey made it hard to feel love, but at the same time, mickey was love to ian.

ian stares at the road, while mickey yells. still, ian doesn't hear a thing. ian cries and wonders why mickey couldn't love him, and everything goes dark.

mickey was the way everything goes dark.
mickey was the way two headlights meet.
mickey was the way the windows shattered.
mickey was the way cars collide and touch too fast.
mickey was the way everything goes dark
and gone
in an instant.

_______________

hello!! im so so sorry for this cliffhanger, but i just wanted to say im really grateful for the comments and votes you guys send!! ((: