draft 6

The bell rang. School was over now, with her classmates pushing back into the gym equipment room.

"Dame-Tsuna! Clean up after us alright?" Her fellow classmates walked passed by her, throwing the cleaning tools at her feet.

She flinched when one stayed back, picking a broom. She bowed her head, quickly gathering all the dodgeballs outside of the room.

"Ah, Dame-Tsuna?" Yamamoto Takeshi tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hya!" She nervously turned around. "....yes? Yamamoto-kun?"

"Ah.... well it's nothing but I hope we get along!"

She snorted. "I doubt it," she hoped he didn't hear that.....

"Excuse me?" Yamamoto cleared his throat. "What did I do to you?" Yamamoto rolled his eyes.

"Sigh. Treat me like that.... look I know you don't get it mister Perfect, I am the total opposite of you. Why do you want to talk to me anyways? I'm dame-Tsuna.... you don't even call me by my surname.... that's pretty insulting for someone who's never been involved with me, ever." Tsuna frowned at him, slowly quieting.

After a big pause, she huffed. "I'm so sorry for that Yamamoto..haha?? But don't take my words for word. I just needed to release anger from the... people here... If you need anything, I'm here to talk." She smiled nervously.

"There is something." Yamamota laughed stiffly. Tsuna nodded, pushing both of them onto the bench.

"Sometimes I don't really like our classmates and school in general. People here rarely like talking to me unless it's about baseball and how athletic I am...... and now I have a reputation which is hard to maintain and sometimes I want to quit baseball....." he hunched over, brushing his hand through his hair. "What should I do?? I'm even going through a slump."

"Quit."

"What??" He looked at the girl confused.

"Take a break from baseball and do something else..... at least sleep or hang out with your actual friends. Yamamoto-kun, it's not my job to be your advisor, but it's better to take a break and not burn yourself out...... does it feel better to rant?"

Yamamoto smiled. "Yes. But will you be my friend???"

"Me?!?" She looked at him in disbelief.

"Yes! Since I don't have any friends. I usually make small talk with anyone, but I've never really liked people."

"Um....sure??? But what do we do as.... friends?"

"Ahaha be friends!"

She sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "No shit..mmm. Maybe you could run with me for a bit afterschool. I have a feeling I'll need it!"

She shivered. She stood up slowly. "Thanks for the hard work Yamamoto-kun! Let's learn how to be friends!" She grabbed his hand and ran out of there.

Luckily, the prefect was nowhere to be seen as they closed up the gym.

"Thanks, Sawada!" Yamamoto grinned.

They started running after that. They ran everyday for 15 minutes before walking to either one's houses.

Nana was relieved to see a friend for once and Nana cried tears of joys, making a giant feast.

Tsuyoshi cautiously greeted Tsuna but he hollered in joy as he realized she was Takeshi's first real friend!

All in all, everything smoothed out. Even with Tsuna's new tutor, who was a cute baby with sideburns.

Takeshi gleefully joined the mafia game even if Tsuna did scream at first. Tsuyoshi frowned too but he couldn't do anything. It was the exact same thing he went through with his wife.

Both their families were in trouble so he and his wife made a name, eventually retiring. But his wife was never really seen again..... Tsuyoshi sighed, ruffling his hair.

Nana was just happy to see her daughter live an exciting life like her husband, no matter how worried she was for them. Nana sharpened her knife and prepped her meat.

Both Tsuna and Yamamoto was always seen together in school and town, joined at the hip.

And thus the whole story was altered, strengthening the bond between the soothing rain and the accepting sky.