Cried

I woke up to see the morning with gloomy skies. It's raining, I thought to myself. I remembered what happened last night, how happy I was. I started to draw hearts on the moist window. I was so absorbed in my daydream until someone barged in and almost gave me a heart attack. It was Chelsea.

"Breakfast has been served, ma'am." She said in a soft voice that I barely heard it.

I blushed, "Just call me Gretel."  

I was about to go out the door but she stopped and handed me a stack of folded clothes. 

"What is this?" I asked, as if I didn't have eyes. 

"Clothing, you can't wear that dress forever, G-Gretel." She stammered at my name. 

"Alright, I'll just go and change." I said and sighed. I closed the door and put on the puffed red sleeve, blue and yellow dress they gave me. I felt as if I would be tending to dwarfs, if you know what I mean. I reached for my sneakers and found a pair of ribboned yellow flats beside it. Those flats, I wore.

Chelsea guided me through the dining room. Hansel, Ulysses and Diana were there waiting for me. I took a seat at the same chair I sat on yesterday. 

After eating a hearty breakfast, Hansel quietly stood up and declared, " We'll go now, thank you for your kindness."

"Oh you can stay here for as long as you want." Diana offered. "You see we don't have any children, we would love your company."

"I think we are being a bother to you, and we need to find home soon." Hansel declined.

"Oh... Just for three more days perhaps?" Diana suggested. "Please?" She begged.

Hansel turned to look at me in approval. I smiled and nodded.

"Deal." He said.

I spent the whole day exploring the house with Hansel. We went to the kitchen. the dining room, the garden, the bathroom and all the other rooms inside the house, except for the wooden door next to the foyer. The locked door intrigued me the most.

We stood there in front of it like we were waiting for it to open by itself. I really wanted to check it out so I tried kicking it. It made a loud sound but it didn't open.

"What wath that?!" Asuda walked towards us with hands on her hips. "Were you trying to open that door?"

"Uhh..yes?" I replied nervously with Hansel frozen beside me.

"Well, It'th very inappropriate for you to try to open a locked door in a house you don't own!" She slurred.

"We are very sorry Ms. Asuda. We promise not to do it again." Hansel apologized.

"Well make thure! I don't want anyone thneaking around that door!" She barked out.

I stood there, not moving, thinking about what was so special about that door. Well, I'll never know, I haven't got the key to it's scrumptious secrets, I thought.

Once night fell, Hansel accompanied me to my room.

"Sleep tight, Gretel." He kissed my forehead and quietly left the room.

I watched the moon shine through the small window; it was bigger than normal. I decided to give it a name and called it Super. I heard a lot of wolves howl outside in the night air and it made my hair rise and give my skin goosebumps.

Midnight came and I was sound asleep until I heard an eerie voice whisper into my ear.

"Gretel, Gretel." I tried to convince myself that it was just my imagination, but it didn't stop. I didn't dare move.

The voice whispering started to become a scream.

"Gretel!" 

"Gretel! Help us!"

"Please!" 

"No!" I opened my eyes as I heard the wardrobe's shaking noise. 

I lied on my bed motionless, horrified. The supermoon's silver light was enough for me to see the pouring blood coming from the wardrobe.The blood, it was moving towards my bed and it was all over the floor. My eyes popped, I screamed at the top of my lungs with all my might, hoping the sound would scare everything away.