Envious

I couldn't get up from my bed to run away from the horrendous sight before me. I then realized that I was paralyzed. There was no escape. 

The wardrobe started to open, making a creeking sound. A girl slowly crawled out of it, she wore a dark hair of curls and skin with four degree burns and blood all over. The moon shone on her and at first I couldn't see her face but then I did. It mirrored mine.

My heart was filled abhorrence! She was moving towards me. She drew closer and closer and then she was there at my feet. I shrieked. She grinned and started to crawl on me, on my bed. She held my shoulders and shook me, I close my eyes and I screamed. 

She started to shake me. 

"Wake up Gretel! Wake up!" She chanted in her hoarse voice. "Wake up!" Then her voice started to sound like a man, but not hoarse. 

I opened my eyes and saw Ulysses.

He hugged me so tightly, "Dammit Gretel you scared the hell out of me!"

I whimpered as I hugged him back. 

Hansel was at the door, straight faced. He suddenly turned and left. He didn't even give a fuck about what happened to me. I stood up to follow him but Ulysses held my hand and stopped me.

"Get some rest." he said worriedly. 

"Um.. I'm not tired." I said attempting to follow Hansel again. 

"No, just get some rest. You need it." He grasped my hand tighter.

I pulled my hand free violently, "Leave me alone!" I yelled at him and I ran to Hansel's room. He was under the sheet.

"Hansel? How dare you not console me?!" I yelled angrily at him.

"I thought you were enjoying his company, so, I didn't bother destroying your moment." He said not turning to look at me.

"What?" I was so confused.

"Ugh. Nothing. Get some sleep." He said tightly.

"Okay." I climbed beside him on his bed.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He pulled the sheet off me.

"Shut up, Im sleeping. You told me to." I said with a grin on my face.

"I meant in your own room!" He taunted.

"I see your mouth moving, but I'm not listening" I said teasingly. I turned my back on him and pretended to be asleep. He made a sound, lied down and slept. I started to get drowsy and then I fell asleep.

* * *

The sun rose happily as before. I was too, I must say. A took a look at Hansel, he was still asleep. I leaned towards him and started to poke his nose slightly as he scratches it when I do. After a while, I got tired of poking. I gazed at him, studying his perfect face. His eyes of ocean blue, his snow white skin and his red luscious lips. Before I knew it,  I was leaning closer. Then, his eyes opened. I sprung back.

"What were you doing?" He rubbed his eyes and his face masked with confusion.

"I-I-I was.. I.. I.. umm." I stuttered nervously.

He put his hand on my shoulder, "Gretel are you okay? Is it because of your nightmare last night?"

"I- yeah" Goodness gracious, that was so close.

"Tell me what happened." He muttered.

I started to visualize the horror of hearing those voices and seeing myself burned. But still I managed to tell him everything.

"It was just a dream, Gretel." He rubbed my back. "I won't let anything hurt you." He gently kissed my hair. 

I gave a sigh of relief. "Thank you." I mumbled.

We jumped as we heard the  banging of pots and pans, "Meal time evry'one! Meal time!" Asuda whooped.

"Looks like Athuda hath already prepared our breakfatht!" Hansel said imitating her and I quietly laughed.

Diana and Asuda were there but no sign of Ulysses. I was so guilty I wanted to tell him I was sorry.

"Where's Ulysses?" I asked. 

Right after asking, I heard a flush of the toilet and Ulysses came out of the bathroom. I stared blankly at him. He stared back but he immediately looked away. As usual, I sat beside my brother.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" I asked the couple.

"Yeah, sure I did." Diana replied. 

"And you Mr. Ulysses?" I waited for an answer but instead, he ignored me and went about his business.

"Honey?" Diana hissed.

"Yesh?" he replied as he chewed his medium rare steak.

"She's talking to you."

"Uh-huh." He murmured without looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay... Whats happening? Have I missed anything? Hmm?" Diana snapped.

"Nothing." Ulysses and I both lied.