Chapter Fourteen

Jacklyn

The days continue on, slow and almost uneventful. Except the fact that Mike's trust in me was only growing every time we talked. Which was everyday.

It was a slow and tedious process but I felt ecstatic that all was going well.

I was losing my mind staying in that room all day. I'm going to push my luck today and ask Mike if I could walk outside in the yard.

I knock softly on his office door, shyly peeking my head through the door. Mike smiles at me and summons me in.

"What's up?" He asks. It's weird how relaxed he isnaround me now.

"I hate being stuck up in the room all day...Could I walk around the backyard?" I ask in small voice, portraying a weak, innocent girl.

This character was almost always foolproof.

He stares at me for a few long moments, clearly unsure of what to say. At last he sighs. "I suppose. Don't break my trust babygirl."

I squeal in excitement, running behind his desk and kissing his cheek. I turn to leave the office but he grabs my wrist. I turn around confused, but he only brings me into a short and sweet kiss. Letting me go with a smile, I turn around and run out the door.

As soon as I'm out of the door the smile drops off my face. Acting like a schoolgirl is exhausting.

I'm almost used to kissing him on regular basis. Almost.

Shaking off the feeling of his touch, I skip down the two flights of stairs. I was stopped when I reached the backdoor by one of Mike's men, whom I recognized as Jason.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks in a gruff voice, roughly pushing me back. I glare at him, shoving his hands away.

"Mike said I could go in the back, so stop manhandling me and kindly let me out." I snap, moving to walk past him, only to have him push me again. A smirk forms on his face.

"Is that so, sunshine? Do you think if he noticed if we were both gone for a few hours?" He asks, stepping towards me, his eyes trailing over my body. Clearing my throat, I open my mouth and scream as loudly as I can. Startled, Jason takes a few steps away and stares at me as Mike's hurried footsteps stomp down the stairs. It's my turn to smirk as Mike runs to me, checking me for injuries.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Mike asks me, wrapping an arm around me and glaring at Jason. Jason gulps nervously.

"Jason wouldn't let me out of the house." Deciding to spare him, I didn't mention his suggestive questions. Mike raises his eyebrows.

"You screamed because of that?" Mike asks bemusedly. I sigh dramatically.

"He started to get rough with me..." I trail off, looking at the ground. "Physically." Mike immediately unwraps his arm around me and steps towards Jason who was cowering against the wall.

"Baby, why don't you go outside while I take care of this?" Mike says through gritted teeth. I nod and pull open the door. Running away from the back porch, I grin in accomplishment. I was getting so good at acting.

I have Mike wrapped around my finger.

I explore the backyard, relishing the feeling of the hot sun on my skin.