Mixed feelings: probs a long chapter sorry

Chief Burns POV

"..And Checkmate."

Chase said. I chuckled and replied,

"You've gotten better Chase. Isn't this better than me having to pick up the chess pieces with all my strength?"

"Yes, much better."

my partner replied, smiling sheepishly.

Heatwave POV

"Hey Heatwave wanna play basketball? Everyone else is busy."

Cody asked.

"Sure, you'd have to teach me though. I've only watched. What about Dux? Last time I checked she wasn't busy."

I replied.

"Oh yeah, I'll go ask her too."

he said, running off. I stepped outside, the sun blinding me. I shaded my eyes, and saw Dux beside me, her coat off, looked at me and smiled.

"Ugh it's so bright out here, who's anyone supposed to see here?"

I groaned. Dux chuckled, and handed me her sunglasses. She slipped on her cap on forwards. I groaned, and Dux challenged,

"What? Afraid of being blinded rather than having to wear girly sunglasses?"

I grumbled and put on the sunglasses.

Dux POV

I walked onto the court, thinking of all the basketball games I've watched.

"Okay, so Dux and I will be a team, while Heatwave will go solo."

Cody explained.

"Um.. Should you and heatwave be a team? I know for a fact the firetruck hasn't watched any basketball besides watching you guys. I've watched basketball games in my spare time, plus I can take a couple of dudes down in a game!"

I challenged.

"Bring it on!"

Heatwave exclaimed. After hearing rules and instructions of the game, I got into stance. Cody looked surprised and Heatwave looked determined.

"Oh I will."

I murmured, and slapped the ball out of the the air. I dribbled down the court, Heatwave in front of me, and Cody behind me. I swerved and shot the ball, scoring first. I ran down the court, shooting the firetruck a challenging glance.

-time skip!-

I ran down the court backwards, keeping an eye on Cody, who had the ball. I tripped, falling backwards before a pair of hands caught me. I looked up, and saw Heatwave. Cody whooped and hollered, scoring the winning point. He saw me and ran over, concerned.

"Are you okay?"

he asked.

"Yep."

I said between my breaths. I stood up and asked,

"Caught a damsel in distress and won the game, got the double deal huh?"

"Heh yeah. Thanks by the way."

Heatwave replied, giving me my sunglasses back. I walked to the firehouse, and saw Lillie, Optimus's daughter. She stays with us cause we're cool.

"I think you like that guy."

she said, a mischievous look in her pale green eyes.

"Heatwave? No.He's annoying to me, and I'm annoying to him. He was like my Sire when I was little."

I replied.

"Wait how old are you?"

she asked, panicked.

"I'm 20 human age, and Heatwave is 25 human age."

I replied.

"Well I still think you like Heatwave."

she said, determination in her voice.

"Pft okay whatever you believe."

I murmured.

-Time skip again-

The autobot sign flashed, and I commed,

"Chief what's the issue?"

"There's a problem and we don't know what's causing it."

he commed.

"Dux I want you to check the main power source. Heatwave and Kades I want you to check the island's heat source . Blades and Dani I want you to check air. Boulder and Graham I want you to check the time capsule. Chase and I will check over all the town. Lillie would you like to help?"

he continued.

"Yes sir I'd love to!"

she commed.

"Alright Lillie I want you to check water. Alright team let's do this!"

Chief Burns commed.

-Time skip again again-

I walked into the main power source building, and looked at all the power cords, checking for something wrong.

"All good here Chief Burns"

I commed.

"The time capsule is flickering."

Boulder commed.

"Alright Dux can you turn off the power source?"

Chief Burns asked.

"Yes sir."

I replied, turning the main power source off.

"Time capsule is fine now."

Boulder reported.

"Turn the power on now Dux."

Chief Burns instructed.

"Alright."

I replied, turning the power back on, when suddenly electricity surged through me. I heard electricity fizzing, and looked down at my fingers. They were fizzing with electricity. I panicked, and screamed like a little girl.

"Is everyone okay?Chase just went 200 or even higher!"

Chief Burns commed.

"Ummm... I'm not okay Chief Burns."

I commed.

"Neither am I."

Heatwave commed.

"Yeah Heatwave just caused a forest fire WITH HIS HANDS."

Kade reported.

"Everyone meet at the firehouse after we take care of the fire."

Chief Burns commed.