Lights out

Having electricity coming out of my hands just doesn't seem right. I've asked Cody and he said humans usually don't have fire or water coming out of their hands from thin air. Chase has it easy. He's like flash, and it only happens when he goes fast, which he doesn't do it often, but when he does,  he ends up smashing into something like a pole or a cabinet, or into a pie if your lucky. Lillie loves getting everyone wet, except me, cause electricity + water = toasty angry Sparkspot. Heatwave can't get wet cause he has fire powers, so he just ends up getting humid. Honestly that's one of the funniest things because Kade gets upset that Heatwave's hair is messed up. I've blown many light bulbs, but I'm getting the hang of it, soon I'll be prank zapping people without the gadget. Boulder loves having earth powers, because he'll put flowers and leaves in people's hair, and I enjoy it too. It's nice to have flowers in your hair. He loves practicing on my hair because it's long, so  he'll practice braiding (yes that's his hobby now) and will decorate my hair with thornless rose vines (I LOVE NO THORNS). Blades is loving flying and floating still after being a cybertronian. I think it's funny, he'll be bored and start floating around the house. I've started taking guitar lessons cause I get bored with all this time. I don't make my own songs, I just play the guitar version of a song and sing the lyrics when I'm alone or with my instructor. I practice with a wooden guitar, given to me by my instructor.

I sat on the couch, practicing a few cords of a song my instructor first taught me. I practice in the early morning, about 6ish, before the sun is up. I can understand why Boulder loves Earth, the sunrises, the flowers, the beauty and the purpose of each and everything.  Only it was storming this morning; thunder mainly, which scares me to my sparkling days. (I was timid as a sparkling) 

"Sparkspot? What are you doing up this early?"

Heatwave groaned, yawining and stretching with a cup of coffee.

"Morning sleepy head, I usually am up this early."

I chuckled.

"How's your guitar lessons going?"

he asked, settling beside me on the couch. He usually never asked me about my guitar lessons, which was fine, just usually boulder asks.

"They're fine, slowly upgrading my skill."

I said, resting my hands on the guitar.

"That's good."

he replied, sipping his cup of coffee. A big clap of thunder boomed, causing me to hold onto the guitar tightly. The lights flickered. I looked at Heatwave, which I found staring at me.

"What?"

I asked.

"You're scared of thunder?"

he asked, concerned. I nodded my head, and loosing my grip on the guitar. 

"I thought you weren't scared of anything, when we trained together, I just saw a strong femme who wanted to be better than herself. I never saw you scared of bullies or energon eaters."

Heatwave wondered, looking into the distance. 

"Yeah, that's because I promised my Sire I'd never fear anything that got into my way of succeeding. Thunder scares me. Its nowhere, yet everywere, ready to pounce like an invisible cat. Anything that I can't see scares me."

I explained, letting my finger skim across the design of the guitar. I saw a flash of lightning, then the lights go out.

"Sparkspot, this is your job."

he said, breaking the silence.

"What about you? You're fire so that counts as light."

I replied, touching a few fingers to a lamp, powering it on. 

"Yeah but I think I might melt the light bulbs than power it on."

he replied, watching me move back and forth, powering the lights in the room.

"Better than blowing them up right?"

I asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yeah. Are you gonna try and power those there?"

He replied, looking up at the ceiling too.

"Nah, too high. I need Blades to help. Let's go get breakfast okay? I'm hungry."

I said, walking to the kitchen, powering on lights as I go. I opened the refrigerator, grabbing the egg carton and powering on the lights.