eighteen.

a/n: sorry this chapter took so long, some unforeseen stuff happened and i wasn't able to finish it until just a little while ago ^^"
thank you for the 4k+ reads, almost 500 votes, and all your comments <3 y̶a̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶g̶i̶m̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶

-

After being left alone, the tiredness that had plagued Valui for the past few days filled her again. Her eyelids grew heavy almost immediately upon hearing the door click shut. Sinking down so she was more comfortable — as comfortable as she could possibly get; why were hospital beds so hard? — and further under the blanket, Valui shut her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

...Only to wake up, what felt like, seconds later.

Valui shot up so she was sitting upright in bed, her eyes wide and her body cold. Something felt weird, and it wasn't the headache she had just gotten from moving too quickly. The room was dark; the only light that slipped its way inside was from outside the closed door in the hallway. A nurse had come in and turned the TV off, it seemed, as well as shut the blinds so no moonlight was visible. Valui felt...unsettled. Her fear of the dark was the predominant reason, but something else was adding onto it.

I feel...

Watched.

Slowly, she turned her head to side and was met with a pair of glowing yellow eyes. Valui stared, frozen, in a mixture of fear and disbelief. Those eyes — not so much eyes so much as glowing, jagged silhouettes that stood out so prominently in the darkness. She had seen the same sight before in that building; something about those eyes had stayed burned into her memory, but she wasn't sure why.

N-no, I— I got away, you had no purpose with me, I—

But when she blinked, the eyes were gone.

Valui told herself she wasn't going to sleep the rest of the night.

Except she did; and hours later, she was gently being woken awake by not only a hand, but now by the morning light that streamed in through the uncovered window. Sleepy blue eyes opened to meet purple ones, the sight of them immediately making her happy. All grogginess dispelled itself from her body, leaving only happiness and comfort.

"Good morning," Hitoshi greeted with a soft smile, running his fingers through Valui's hair. "Did you sleep good?"

She hesitated before answering — should she tell him about what she saw in the middle of the night? After a short and quick moment of debating, Valui managed to convince herself that what she had seen was nothing more than a hallucination and wasn't anything to worry about. So she nodded as an answer. "Uh-huh," she said, only to add on, "well, as comfortable as I could in this bed."

Amusement flickered across Hitoshi's face. "I can imagine," he teased, smile widening at Valui's small pout. He ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, you'll be out soon."

Valui's face lit up. She was? "I-I am?" Of course, he could have just been saying that to make her feel better, but she hoped that wasn't the case and that she actually was close to getting out of this awful and boring place.

"Yeah, I asked your nurse before I came in here." Hitoshi sat down on the edge of the bed; Valui took that as her cue to sit up as well. She scooted closer to him, sitting cross legged as he continued. "They said probably tomorrow. They...also said that the principal of UA is coming to see you today."

W...what...?

"Did...they say why?"

"No, they didn't."