Chapter One

"Everyone in position, you know your places" my dad mindlinking the pack, with his authoritive tone.

"Dad I want to stay with you and fight." I pleaded with sad eyes, hoping he would let me help.
"NO Lana! This is too dangerous for you, I don't want you anywhere near here when they arrive. Please go with your mother to the safe room. " pointing for us to leave.

Dad quickly looked back as he ran out of the pack house into the large clearing outside, gathering all the male wolves ready to fight against the terror that was heading for us all. I could only pray that my family was safe and dad would come back for us.

I saw my brother running across the landing down the wooden stairs into the clearing outside to join the fight. I looked on as my mother pulled me away from them towards the safe room. But I didn't want to hide, I wanted to stay and help fight with the pack.

"come on Lana! Quickly, they will be fine." my mother pleaded, trying to convince herself as well as me as she pulled me further out of sight.

We ran to the safe room which was situated in the large living area underground. It was hidden underneath a huge Persian rug.

We climbed down the rackity wooden stairs as quickly as we could shutting the hatch behind us, running into the crowd of women, pups and elderly wolves. Most of the pups were wimpering in fear clinging to their mothers as if they were about to be ripped away any second.

My mum and I sat at the side comforting each other and the other women in here waiting for the nightmare to be over.

I narrowed my hearing senses and could hear the thudding sound of paws hitting the ground as the Black moon pack arrived in our territory, running fast towards my family and pack who stood ready to fight against them.

Then silence filled the air as I couldn't hear any sounds of a fight before I heard bones cracking as someone was shifting. The next thing I heard was what I guessed was the alpha of Black moon, step alone, footsteps closer and closer. "Two of your wolves stepped into our territory today and killed one of my pack members" I heard him say with a growl Lingering at the end of his sentence. His voice was naturally loud and echoed for far. I instantly shivered at the sound of the power in his voice, feeling fear around the room I was sitting in.

I could hear my father and brother step forward towards the alpha of the Black moon pack. "We are aware of the accident that took place and we are willing to cooperate with you to come to an arrangement for the wolves involved in the Incident. And as alpha of the Shadow pack, I sincerely apologise and the responsible wolves will not go unpunished" my father assured with an authoritive voice. But compared to the alpha opposite him, he sounded more gentle in his tone as if he were pleading.

"Not good enough, Daevo! "
Shivers ran through me as I heard the powerful alpha standing before my father say our surname like it disgusted him.

A large growl imitted from above us from outside, a growl so fierce and full of anger, I could tell we weren't all going to survive the day.

"Make him watch as every member of his pack is ripped apart." snarled the wolf that threatened my family.

Screams and bones crackled from above us as pack members changed into their wolf forms, I could hear yelps as some wolves were being injured, and warning growls given to opposing wolves. And before I could take anymore I heard a sound that crushed me. Bones and yelps from my own brother. And without a second thought, I pushed myself up from the ground where I was huddling with my mother and pushed past all the women and pups cowering in fear and leapt up the steps pushing the hatch open. I could hear my mother's cries from behind me "Lana, no!" but I was too far gone in my mind to listen. I threw myself out the hatch and ran across the floorboards of the pack house and as the sun hit my face I ran into the clearing outside to see an abundance of wolves fighting against each other, each pack for themselves. I stopped for a moment assessing and scanning the clearing for my brother and father, my eyes fell onto a brown wolf writhing under a large grey wolf.
"NO!" I screamed as I clocked my brother and ran towards him still in human form not thinking of my own safety.