Chapter Five

Mature content in this scene for you pervy people out there. You know who you are!
If you don't like scenes of sexual nature then... your loss!! Ha
Kidding, just skip it.

---

I quickly grabbed some black skinny jeans and a black hoodie and shoved them on, slipping my feet into my trainers. I decided I wasn't going to take any of my belongings. It would only slow me down and they were materialistic things that could be replaced. My life however could not.

I waited patiently in my room until 1AM, when I felt it was safe enough to leave as everyone would most likely be asleep. I had left my door slightly open during the day to reduce any risk of the door clicking and creaking. I wasn't even sure where Draven's room was and how close or far it was from mine. I had heard someone walk past my door at around 11.30PM, assuming it was probably Draven as I've never seen anyone else in the main house at night except for him.

As the clock hit 1AM, I straightened my hoodie and flipped the hood over and began to leave the room that was temporarily mine.

I creeped quietly down the Hallway having made note which floorboards creaked the most from today. I took two steps at a time descending the stairs and got to the front door. I prayed he hadn't locked it. I winced as I turned the knob, and to my pleasure finding it unlocked.

I opened the door slowly and shut it quietly before heading down the steps and into the clearing.

No lights were on in the other houses and I took a few steps forward and looked back to take once last look at the house I had stayed in for a few days.

That's when my eyes were drawn to a light coming from an upstairs room.

As I looked up, there was Draven standing at the window, arms clenched by his side and jaw shut, glaring down at me.

"Shit"

It's now or never I thought to myself. I'm gonna have to run and run fast. I turned on my heel and ran as fast as my legs could take me and began to run through the woods.

I looked back to see no one at the window as I ran, knowing he was already on his way after me.

I couldn't change into my Wolf because my scent would be strong and he would find me quicker. I pushed my legs faster and faster between the trees, dodging fallen branches before I realised I had no idea where I was going. I don't know his territory. I know there's a road that he drove us down to get here on the first day, so my best bet was to keep running to find the road and follow it from there.

Draven's POV

I laid on the bed trying to drift off to sleep when I smelt her.

That vanilla smell with a hint of strawberry. My eyes lingered straight to the window where I had left it open. I walked over quickly to the window and looked out.