Chapter Six

"Let go of me! Draven, I mean it, put me down!" I screamed at him, hitting his chest as he carried me bridal style.

"Sorry sweetheart, I can't trust you not to run again" he said smirking.

I let him hold me reluctantly as I was too tired from fleeing to fight with him right now.

As we approached the house, I could see Luca, Rick and some other man I had never seen before. He was large in his frame, brown hair and ruggedly handsome. He stood there with a stern look on his face as Draven carried me over towards them.

"We just got back after you told us, Alpha

"We just got back after you told us, Alpha. Did she get far?" Luca spoke slightly out of breath.

"Not really." Draven smirked down at me as he spoke to his pack mates. I glared back at him with him still gripping me tightly in his embrace.

I noticed as I looked at the guys in front of me, this other guy I hadn't seen before was glaring at me. "Hi.." I said with a weary voice. He cocked his head to the side and smirked at me.

"This is Nate, my cousin" Draven said before the guy before me could answer.

"Head to bed. I'm gonna sort her out." Dravens voice sounding dark as if he were trying to scare me to death with that one sentence. Sort me out?! I looked up at him with wide eyes to catch his reaction but he didn't budge or look my way. He walked through the men as they parted to let us through and walked up the stairs still holding me. He opened my bedroom door and slammed it shut behind him with his foot and before I could speak a word he threw me onto the bed and climbed on top of me, his hands either side of my head. His face was full of rage.

"Don't you ever run from me! I had to call some of my pack to search for you and not to mention run after you for an hour. Of which that time I will never get back." He spoke as though I had inconvenienced him greatly.

"Now go to sleep" he said coldly before sitting on the chair in the corner of the room staring at me.

"Aren't you going to go to bed too?" I looked at him with wide eyes, hoping for the answer I knew I wasn't going to get.

"I'll sleep here tonight. That way I will hear if you try to run again" he spoke with his head back looking at the ceiling as he was getting comfy in the chair.

There's no way I can sleep knowing he is there. It's creepy.
"I can't sleep with you there "

"Tough" he said sternly.
I decided not to fight him on it after angering him so much already tonight, and went to the bathroom to change into my pyjamas. I came back out wearing pyjama shorts and a strappy top. When I walked out his eyes flicked to mine and scanned my body making me feel insecure, like I was being judged. His eyes started to turn black when he turned his head back up to the ceiling.

I walked over to the bed quickly and pulled the covers over me and turned off the lamp on the bedside table and prayed for slumber to take me.

---