Just Fluffiness!

((Bleh having writer's block is terrible!! Aaanyways! This is a half ship, half just fluffy goodness story this time. It may be triggering for few, idk, some people are more sensitive than others... Enjoy and get the tissue box!!))  

England was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, his arms propping himself up as he leaned against the counter. Today, there was another world meeting and of course, it ended up with everybody yelling and fighting, just like any other time. But today was different than any other day for one specific reason, because Germany just HAD to bring up the time many years ago that England just wanted to forget forever, but he just couldn't ever forget no matter how hard he tried. The American Revolutionary War. 

His mind thought back to earlier that day, when Germany had said, "Now I can see why America wanted to get away from you as soon as possible, old man." The whole room fell silent as all the countries turned to England to see what he would yell out this time. But England couldn't find words, because that comment wasn't the part that hurt him, the part that really hurt him was when America joked around about it, adding that he was glad that it happened. England had to leave right away because he had started to tear up and didn't want everyone to see.

England was expecting France to call and check on him, which he did, telling him the meeting was over and that he was going to come over. But England declined the offer, telling France he needed some alone time. Of course France didn't listen. That frog never listens, but deep down England knew exactly why France had to come over. As France knew that not all the scars that England had were from wars with other people...

Now here England was, crying again for the third time that day, thinking back at the tone of voice Germany had, the people stopping and staring at England as he stood there embarrassed, but most importantly, America's cruel joking about the time that was literally the worst time of England's existence... He knew that America probably thought that was an amazing day, because he was now his own independent country, but to England... He lost his boy, his love, his... son.

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the bathroom door, "Mon Cher? I'm coming in! I don't trust jou alone in zhere." England then noticed he was hugging his knees to his chest on the floor when his mind snapped back to reality. He called back to France in a raspy voice, "Okay."

Soon the door opened to reveal France, as he looked down and gave his Brit lover a sympathetic frown, "Oh, Angleterre! My poor amore!"

He immediately sat down next to England and held him close to his chest, wiping the tears that sat on his flushed cheeks, "It still bothers jou. I would've never guessed. It was so wrong for zhat stupid German to bring zhat up!"

England took a deep breath, "No, it isn't his fault. It's just... why did that bloody git America have to add something to it?"

"Because he doesn't feel zhe pain jou do."

England looked up at France and nodded, "I suppose. But... I have one question, why did you side with that wanker?"

France then sighed and rubbed England's back soothingly, "I was stupid."

"You're always stupid, that's not a good excuse," England said with a hidden smirk.

That comment made France chuckle slightly, "Well I was battling with my own problems... jou know zhat. At zhat time I felt proud zhat our 'son' was going through with somezhing zhat I personally wanted to do, but with myself. He inspired me to..." Then France stooped himself and rubbed his wrist.

"To hurt yourself..."

France nodded, "I thought I was doing good, but I had to battle with myself and I had to get through it to make myself stronger. Zhat was a tough time for me."