Spin The Bottle

"Food's ready!" my mom beamed happily. I could sniff the fresh aroma of my favorite homemade delight, which happened to allure my brother all the more.

"Thank goodness," Michael exclaimed, jolting up like he hadn't eaten in days. "I'm starving."

"Starving? You had breakfast and I didn't!" I pouted.

"Your fault for not getting something to eat before you joined us. And by the way, this tummy's never satisfied," he pointed to his grumbling stomach. "Thought you'd learn by now."

I rolled my eyes and we stood up together.

"You guys aren't coming?" I asked the rest who had not uttered a single word due to their shyness. "Our mom got food for all of us."

"Aw sweet," Calum got up as soon as he heard this, licking his lips like he could already taste the food.

"Slow down, mate. Don't finish everything, ok? Leave some for me too." Michael pointed at Calum and then at Ashton.

I laughed. "You're such a swine."

All five of us proceeded to the guest room, but only my brother and I ate at our own comfort. Calum gave up eventually, Ashton still ate properly, but Luke didn't touch anything. When my mom was furious with this behavior and insisted that he take something, Luke smiled slightly and asked for Coke. Because of this, my mom became happy enough, or maybe obliged, to give everyone Coke.

"I could just live here," Ashton leaned back as he bit into another pizza slice. "The food is scrumptious."

"So, what song are we going to play?" Luke spoke to us for the first time since we came in.

And in that moment, all of us paused our munching to stare at him.

"Yeah, what is it this time?" Luke asked, looking bothered by the sudden attention.

"It speaks," I faked a gasp.

"I'm not an inanimate object," he scowled, his tone a bit lower this time.

"I was only joking," I told him lightly, but the moment was so right for me to criticize him. "Oh wait, I almost forgot. You can't tell whether or not someone's making a joke."

Luke frowned, but did not comment anything after.

"All right! So what song are we going to play?" Calum asked in a relaxed voice, turning to Ashton. "Any suggestions?"

"Should it be a jumpy song or a slow song?" the brunette with curly hair answered him.

"Can we just think about the whole thing when we go back to the garage?" Michael groaned, stretching his arms like a contented cat after eating its meal.

I was about to respond when another voice joined in the conversation.

"Michael?" I heard my mom's voice reverberate all over the room.

"Yes mom?" Michael stood up from his position in alarm. He fixed his appearance by wiping the crumbs off his shirt.

"Come here right now."

"Oh, oh, I hope it isn't anything bad!" I heard him murmur to himself as he started to leave. "Nobody touch that pizza slice too." He pointed to the last slice in the box, then scurried away.

"How about we go to the garage in," Calum paused to look at his watch. "ten minutes? Is that ok with everyone?"

Calum gave no one was given the chance to speak and immediately went on to confirm the time for us to return, "Ten minutes then!"