Chapter 1

I retrieved my luggage from the conveyor belt, suddenly feeling panicked.

The airport was packed with people, none of whom seemed familiar to me. Perhaps Uncle Larry forgot—

"Hey, Miss, have you seen—Oh my God! It's you!"

I turned around to see a young man around my age. Confused, I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh. You probably don't remember me. I'm Larry's son, Nick."

Then, I saw it. The boy I left behind was standing before me, no longer the young boy I remembered him to be. Nick had grown to be a young version of Uncle Larry.

"Nick? Are you joking? This can't be you! You're too tall!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around him. Nick laughed, wrapping his arms around me.

"It's me, little Nicky. I've grown a lot in seven years," he said. I pulled away, looking him over.

"You've grown into a right young man!" I stated, a wide grin on my face.

"I'm nineteen now, and I'm going to be a DJ," he said, grabbing my case and rolling it to the curb outside the airport. I followed him, not exactly sure where to go.

"My dad parked somewhere over here," Nick said, looking around. He then sighed in relief, spotting his dad.

I followed Nick's gaze to an older man leaning against a parking metre with sunglasses covering his eyes and his arms crossed against his chest.

Spotting us, the man pushed himself off the metre and walked toward us with a casual stride. When he stopped in front of us, he pulled the sunglasses off his face and tucked them into his pocket.

"You're not little anymore," he said, cocking his head to the side as he observed me.

"I guess I somehow had it in my head that you'd be thirteen again. I don't know. Anyway, how was your trip?"

Uncle Larry began to lead Nick and I to his car.

"It was good. I had the whole row to myself and an aisle seat, so it was nice," I replied, watching as Uncle Larry pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked his car.

"That sounds awesome," Nick said, placing my bags in the back of the car.

I hopped in the back, with Nick getting in the car on the other side. Uncle Larry started the car, pulling onto the busy street.

"It was," I admitted, smiling a little at the thought of the wonderful sleep I'd obtained on the aeroplane.

"Hey guys, I called in a favour with my old friend, Dr McPhee, and he's willing to allow us an exclusive tour of the museum after hours," Larry said, looking and Nick and I from the rear view mirror.

As a history junkie, I did an internal happy dance at the thought of getting a tour of the museum after hours.

"Hey dad, when are we gonna tell her about...you know?" Nick asked, arousing suspicion within me. Uncle Larry hummed in thought.

"Don't ruin this, Nick. Don't say another word."

"Okay, okay. My lips are sealed."

Uncle Larry gave him a secretive smile in the mirror.

What the bloody hell were they going on about?