Chapter 7

After our small, yet awkward conversation, Ahk and I spoke of other things, such as his tablet, his family, and me. Ahk was very intrigued by me, or at least, that's what he told me.

He asked about England, how I was faring in New York, whether I had any siblings, and so forth. I answered each question to the best of my abilities.

"And what about suitors? Do you have any suitors?" His question caught me off guard.

"Suitors? Oh! Well, Lancelot seems to believe that he is one. Other than him, no, I have no suitors," I responded. Ahk nodded, seeming to consider this.

Suddenly, I was pushed back as Ahk was shoved into a janitor's closet. Our assailant locked the closet, and turned to me with a smile.

"Now I can have you all to myself," Lancelot said, sheathing his sword.

"He's claustrophobic! Let him out!" I exclaimed, knowing Lance would never do such a thing. Lancelot rolled his eyes, holding out his hand to help me up. I simply shuffled back, standing up on my own.

"Lancelot, you don't want to do this, okay?"

"Well, of course I do! Guinevere was stolen from me by that awful King Arthur! I will not stand idly by as another King steals the woman I desire!" Lancelot exclaimed, moving closer to me with each step. I move past him, I and run to the door of the closet.

"Ahk? Can you hear me?"

I heard a faint "yes" along with a "get me out!"

"I'm going to find a way, Ahk, I promise!" I exclaimed just as Lancelot grabbed me by my arm and tried to pull me away.

"I'M GOING TO FIND A WAY!"

And with that, Lancelot hoisted me over his shoulder.