Chapter 8

I had put up a tremendous fight, however, when one is unarmed, and their captor is armed, one tends to lose the battle.

I found myself bound along with Nick, Tilly, McPhee, and Uncle Larry. Our wrists and ankles were bound.

Lancelot had somehow managed to gather enough rope from the loading docks and storage to bind us up.

I was extremely confused by this.

From what I'd read and studied about knights, they were taught morale, to be gentlemanly, and to fight. They had a code that, if broken, could cost their knighthood and potentially, their lives.

Which is why I was confused.

Although Lancelot truly never existed—that we know of—in our true historical timeline, wouldn't those knightly principles be instilled in him? If so, why was he abandoning them now? What plan was he hatching?

Suddenly, as if by magic, I heard a small "psst!" next to me. I looked down subtly, to see Jed and Octavius with a pocketknife. How they had managed to retrieve one was beyond me, however I only thought of the endless possibilities the knife brought.

"Slip it under the rope and between the rope and my hand. Hold onto it steadily," I whispered, looking out for any sign of Lancelot. Fortunately, he was not around—most likely to round up and bind more people.

Jed and Octavius managed to do as I had asked, although they were struggling all the way. Quietly, but quickly, I managed to cut the ropes and set my wrists free. I then made quick work of my ankles.

"Where'd you learn that?" Jed asked, clearly impressed.

"My dad. Now listen, all of you. Lancelot's going to be back any minute. Jed and Octavius are going to help you get free, but you have to be quick and silent about it. I'm going to see if I can get Ahk out of the janitor's closet. If Lancelot comes in here, Jed and Octavius aren't here, and King Arthur ran out the museum with me. Do you understand?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good."