Chapter 9

I immediately went to Dexter.

"Hey, Dex, could you do me a favour? I need you to follow Lancelot in secret. Could you do that? I'll make sure to get you a prize when you finish." He made noises of approval and held out his furry hand. I shook it, smiling.

"Great! I'm going to strap Larry's phone to your back so I can track you from my phone," I said, squatting as I pulled out the phone and an arm band from my back pocket. I had managed to nick Larry's phone off him earlier in the night.

After sending Dexter after Lancelot, I focused on trying to get Ahk out of the closet. Where would we go next? What would we do? Why was my objective here?

I stumbled upon the closet while thoughts ran through my head. How could I unlock the door? Lancelot had Larry's keys...

A though occurred to me. I could use my credit card. So, slipping it out of my phone case, I swiftly stuck it in the crack between the door and the wall and manoeuvred it between the lock and the wall. Hearing a satisfying click, I opened the door.

There, huddled in the corner of the closet, was Ahk with his knees pulled into his chest and his head buried into them.

I quickly pulled out my phone to check Dexter's location. We had to get out of there quickly, otherwise Lancelot would catch us.

"Ahk, come on! We have to go," I exclaimed quietly. He popped his head up, his panicked face calming instantly. Ahk obeyed my instruction, following me as I led him down the hall.

"How did you manage to get me out of there?" Ahk asked, running beside me.

"Credit card. Now come on! He's headed in the direction of the closet. We have to check on everyone."

Ahk said nothing more as we jogged down the stairs, observing the scene before us.

I made it to Uncle Larry just as he helped Teddy out of his restraints.

"Liz, we have a problem," Uncle Larry said, furrowing his brow.

"What is it?"

"Lancelot wants you to be his 'new Guinevere'. Which means he's going to do something drastic to poor Ahk and his family," Teddy said from beside me.

I was confused. How could he—

"He's coming! Everyone get back in position! Liz, Ahk, run like your life depends on it!"