007

In this, El didn't go kablooey after killing the Demogorgon, so she's perfectly fine.

(Dustin's POV)

"Fireball the son of a bitch!" I blurted out. El giggled at how intense the game was getting. "Shut up shut up shut up!" Will rolled the dice and the room went silent. We all got the shit scared out of us when the phone rang, and Lucas scrambled to answer it. "Dustin, it better not be your mom." Will whined and Mike nodded. "Yeah, she's probably mad at me for something I did a week ago!" My mom had been really crusty since I snuck out to Mike's house to play D&D when I was grounded... For sneaking out to Mike's house when I wasnt grounded. I looked over at Lucas, he was mumbling into the phone with a phony smile.

It was obviously my mom. Damnit. Mike rolled his eyes and tossed my bag into my lap. I glanced over to El. She was acting weird... Weirder than usual. She was just staring at the floor with her jaw dropped. "Uh, El?" I got down on my knees and waved my hand in front of her face to get her attention. "Earth to Eleven!" Mike said from behind me. I heard Will laugh over my shoulder as Lucas slammed the phone down. I flinched a little and spun around, "It was my mom, wasn't it?" I groaned. He threw his head back and almost yelled, "Your mom wants you home early!" He looked back down at me and rolled his eyes, motioning for me to get up, "Like, now!"

We all groaned and I grabbed my bag out of the chair. "Bye, guys!" I said. As I opened the basement door, there were scattered and disappointed good byes from my friends. I slung my book bag over my shoulder and jogged to the front door, but got stopped by Mrs. Wheeler.

I put on a fake smile after she asked "Why are you leaving so early, sweetheart?" She was only being nice but I needed to get home before my mom blew a fuse. "I uh, my mom wants me home early for dinner." I lied, reaching for the door. I opened it halfway but heard Mike's mom draw in a breath to speak, so I paused. "It's so dark out, Ted should take you home." I shook my head as she turned to call her husband downstairs, "Te-" I cut her off and opened the door all the way, "It's fine, Mrs. Wheeler, I have a light on my bike." She looked down at me and smiled worriedly, "You sure?" I stepped out and started to shut the door behind me, "I'm sure. Thanks Mrs. Wheeler!"

I ran over to my bike as soon as the door shut, flicked on the light, and peddled like hell down the road. I took the shortcut down Mirkwood and ended up hitting a rock in the road and crashing into the leaves and pinecones. There was some rustling from behind me, and I was too scared to move. I slowly brushed off a pinecone that was stuck to my arm, and looked behind me. There was a shadowy figure with its arms wrapped around a tree for dear life. The memory of finding Eleven smacked me in the face, and I prayed that this wasn't another escapee. The person was only as tall as I was, so they couldn't have been an adult. I stood up slowly, the leaves crunching under my knees loudly. The kid shrank back.

"Hey, no, it's okay." I whispered. I got back down on my knees and outstretched my hand towards them, like when you're letting a dog sniff you for the first time. They stood back up slowly and I mimicked their movements. I almost tripped over my bike and stumbled towards them, frightening them. With their level of timidness, it had to be an escapee.

"Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you." I whispered again. I regained my balance and stepped over my bike. They removed both hands from the tree  and took a step towards me. In the dim light from my bike, I could tell it was a girl. Her whole head wasn't buzzed like Eleven's. Only half was shaved down, with the rest in a tangled (H/C) mess. Her  (E/C) eyes stood out in the now flickering light.

As she took another step towards me, my bike light revealed a bloodstained hospital gown. Nothing like El's. Her's was soaked in blood and, gross... Other bodily fluids that I'd like to stay ignorant about... Ew. I looked back up into her eyes only to find that she had been staring into my soul the whole time. "Dustin" she whispered, walking up to me and looking me up and down. Okay... How the hell did she know my name? Actually, I can't really question my life anymore. Subconsciously, I had hunched over to get closer to her level, but now she was upright and damn, taller than me. It was only by like half an inch, though. I stood up straight and turned around in a circle, finding her behind me at the edge of the road, holding my hat and staring at it with the most puzzled look on her face.

She tilted her head to look me in the eyes again. I walked up to her and she handed my hat back, and I put it right back on. Her expression went from confused to a sweet half smile. "Okay, uh... I need to get you to Mike's house." "Mike?" She asked, following me as I got my bike and stood it in the road. "Yeah, my friend Mike. He can help you." I smiled my toothless smile at her and she got on my bike pegs like she had done it a thousand times before.

Time skip to Mike's house >>>>

As I parked my bike at the back of Mike's house, I realized I had no idea what this girl's name was. When she hopped off my pegs, I got off and threw my bike up against the wall. "What's your name?" She looked over to me like she had no idea what I was talking about. "N-name?" She tried to pronounce it, and didn't do the worst job. "Yeah, like my name is Dustin. Get it?" She nodded and showed me her wrist. More memories of El slapped me across the face. The tattoo on her wrist read 007. "Seven... So your name is Seven?" She nodded and smiled. I knocked on the door and Lucas opened it, glaring at me. "Aren't you supposed to be at home? Your mom's gonna blow a fuse!"

Seven was standing next to me, behind the door where Lucas couldn't see her. "You're gonna blow a fuse if you don't calm down already. We have a problem, a big problem." I blurted out. I felt Seven wrap her hand around my wrist tightly. Lucas turned around and yelled "MIKE!" Towards the stairs. After my ear drums were done bleeding, I coughed "Ear rape" into my arm. I heard Mike sprint down the wooden stairs as Eleven and Will appeared behind Lucas. Seven kept a tight grip on my wrist and nudged me over so she was in the doorway with me. When Lucas turned back around, he looked me dead in the eye, then at Seven, and back to me. "What the hell are we gonna do with her?! We can't just bring another experiment into our lives!" I pushed past him and brought Seven inside. "Shut up, Lucas. She's not deaf."

Mike ran up to us, "Okay, what?!" I pried her fingers off my wrist and sat her down on the couch behind Eleven. She and Will just stared at her. I turned back to Mike and Lucas and tried to explain. "Her name's Seven. I crashed my bike on the way home and found her in the woods. She knew my name, guys. She can read minds!" I heard a faint whisper from behind me, "Eleven?" Seven was lowering herself off the couch to sit on the floor with El. Eleven looked her up and down and practically yelled her name. They hugged eachother tight and I watched them both almost cry. I faced Lucas and motioned to the two, "See? You can't just kick her out! She knows Eleven!"