Dear (Y/N)

OoOoOOOoooo Mystery POV

I spend my days by the lake, and I no longer need to go to the store very much.

My wife left me after what happened, and I moved down here.

There's a time when the words are drowned, and you just can't talk to someone anymore. The words are dead, but the love still lingers. I call her sometimes, and try to explain why I signed those papers. I try to tell her why I let them go. I tell her that they're alive, but she refuses to listen. She'll tell me that I'm drunk or delusional, but I know that they're getting through. They just can't answer me. They're alive. I never thought those papers could change my life so much. Those papers ruined my marriage, they took the ones I love. Those papers ruined me.

Forgiveness... Could you imagine her forgiving me? It wasn't my fault. He lied to us... He locked eyes with me, then my wife, "You'll be able to pick them up tomorrow."

Tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow again. This week, they needed more medicine. That day, they needed to rest and regain their strength. Weeks turned to months, and months to years.
12 years, exactly.

I remember my first letter to them word for word...

Dear (Y/N) and Phillip,

What to say to you? (Y/N), when you were born, you cried and cried... It broke my heart. Phillip, when you smiled at me for the first time, I came undone. You two are my everything. Your mother doesn't believe me when I say you're alive.

I moved down here to be closer to you. My dad wasn't around much when I was young, but I promise, I'll be there for you when they let you go. I can't wait to see how you two have grown. I'd give anything to see your sweet faces again, and get to hug you.

My little angels... I'm so sorry. I never thought it would play out like this. I hope you two are reading this. I could never express how much I miss you; how sorry I am for letting you go.

There are some kids down here that are about how old you are now. I can imagine you playing together at the park and going swimming together in the lake. Phillip, I remember how long you liked to keep your hair, and you always protested when I tried to push it out of your eyes. And (Y/N), I could never forget how your eyes shone in the light. I could swear they were glowing when I last saw you.

Stay strong... please.

-Dad ♥️

I drew a little heart and colored it in with red pen. I still have that pen... I keep it in a cup on my desk. I never let anyone use it... I don't even use it.

In a way, I started a new life for myself. I don't work in retail anymore, and I worked out for a while, so I'm no longer a gelatinous shell. I have a good paycheck now, and my job is pretty chill. I have a few friends and the ladies here seem to like me, but I can't shake my past. I can't burn those memories, I can't just delete myself from this.

So long as I'm sure my kids are still locked up, I won't stop. I've been researching this place for years. I know the layout like the back of my hand, and I know where to find someone who's had to have met my kids.

Dustin's POV

Seven and the guys had no idea that I was being admitted from the hospital today. It still hurt to swallow and I wasn't allowed to have solids for a few days, but it's worth it to see everyone and be able to hug them back. My cast went from the middle of my forearm to my knuckles, and it was starting to smell like vinegar.

I winced and shut my eyes every time they pulled out an IV or one of the other things I was hooked up to. It was weird to watch my heart monitor flatline. As we checked out, my mom held me close and rubbed circles in my back. She was definitely gonna be overprotective now. I got in the car and she drove me to Mike's house.

When we pulled up in his driveway, I saw him sprint from his bedroom window, and I'm pretty sure I heard him run into a door from the welcome mat. He slammed the door open before I knocked, and he attack-hugged me, "Dustin!" My mom laughed as he almost knocked me over. "Mike... Can't- breathe..." Mike let go and practically dragged me down to the basement.  I was basically his hostage. I yelled good bye to my mom and almost tripped over myself.

He shoved me towards the stairs and pointed at Seven. She was snuggling with El in her blanket fort, and both of them had a Super Comm. El had mine. It's had a huge dent in the back of it since I got it. "Dustin! Go!" I giggled and ran down the stairs and Seven stood up as soon as she noticed me... Which took a while.

I engulfed her in a hug and El joined in a few seconds. "We knew you'd be back soon." El grinned. Seven rested her head on my shoulder and whispered, "I'm glad you're home." They let me go. "So am I." Mike scared the crap out of us by bursting into the basement and yelling, "I just called Will and Lucas!"

Time skip >>>

Lucas and Will attack-hugged me from behind and toppled me into the couch. Then, everyone decided to dog pile on me. Even Seven!  We ended up watching Terminator together, with Seven nestled up to me like a puppy.

In the middle of it, El shut off the TV with her mind. She and Seven shared a look that basically said 'We're in deep shit'. Seven tore away from my side and whispered just loud enough for all of us to hear, "He's coming for us." I jumped up, "Who? Brenner?!" Mike, Will, and Lucas held their breaths. El looked around the room and said simply, "Worse."